Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   2007 X5 base - front bumper swap (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673658)

6umbrella9 01-31-2013 08:48 PM

2007 X5 base - front bumper swap
 
Hey everyone. I have the standard front end where half is painted and the other half is not. I have the parking sensors and I would like to change it to a full painted front end as seen on the M. Any suggestion on if the M bumper will fit and if not what other options do I have?

1naztyx5 01-31-2013 09:00 PM

no the M bumper will not fit, you would need new fenders and head lights. now as far as options for the 07 painting would be the way to go, i am not sure if the M sport bumper for that year would be a direct swap since the facia is a little different.

6umbrella9 01-31-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 (Post 7352099)
no the M bumper will not fit, you would need new fenders and head lights. now as far as options for the 07 painting would be the way to go, i am not sure if the M sport bumper for that year would be a direct swap since the facia is a little different.

I figured the M wouldn't fit but I do see a lot of e70 driving around with painted fronts and rears. Maybe newer than 2007?

1naztyx5 01-31-2013 09:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
yes the LCI models (2011 to present) have the monochromatic look, and the M sport (2007 to present)

below is the M sport if you notice the front bumper inserts are different, which this may fit ours but you would still need the flares, step rails and such. easier to just paint IMO.

6umbrella9 01-31-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 (Post 7352120)
yes the LCI models (2011 to present) have the monochromatic look, and the M sport (2007 to present)

below is the M sport if you notice the front bumper inserts are different, which this may fit ours but you would still need the flares, step rails and such. easier to just paint IMO.

Yeah you are probably correct. Mine is Black so its not a huge problem. I am going to look for rims instead.

1naztyx5 01-31-2013 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Black? oh man is way easier for you, just get get aero kit and it will look sweet!

6umbrella9 01-31-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 (Post 7352144)
Black? oh man is way easier for you, just get get aero kit and it will look sweet!

Yeah thats nice. I would like to find that in Carbon Fibre.

Die Wolfe 02-02-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 (Post 7352144)
Black? oh man is way easier for you, just get get aero kit and it will look sweet!

I'm not a fan of the black plastic trim usually; but that things looks awesome!

Die Wolfe 02-02-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6umbrella9 (Post 7352148)
Yeah thats nice. I would like to find that in Carbon Fibre.

Go with 1nastyX5's idea; looks badass. Or just take the other advice and paint the damn thing...you'd be amazed at how much better it would look.

6umbrella9 02-02-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die Wolfe (Post 7354567)
Go with 1nastyX5's idea; looks badass. Or just take the other advice and paint the damn thing...you'd be amazed at how much better it would look.

Yeah I think thats what I will do. Damn E70 Overheated and is in the shop right now :thumbdwn:

Die Wolfe 02-02-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6umbrella9 (Post 7354842)
Yeah I think thats what I will do. Damn E70 Overheated and is in the shop right now :thumbdwn:

****, sorry man! :(

6umbrella9 02-02-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die Wolfe (Post 7354866)
****, sorry man! :(

All good. Thats life

1naztyx5 02-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6umbrella9 (Post 7354842)
Yeah I think thats what I will do. Damn E70 Overheated and is in the shop right now :thumbdwn:

Man I feel your pain, mine is in the shop too right now, I've been dealing with this since November and they still can't get it right. I "developed" an oil leak shortly after an oil change and to my surprise it ended up being a huge job (head gaskets, water pump, oil pan gaskets and some other stuff I can't remember) all cover by CPO but since then it has been in the shop not for the 4th time with oil leaks and as of yesterday also coolant leak.
Getting very frustrated right now, sorry I had to vent :(

6umbrella9 02-02-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 (Post 7354888)
Man I feel your pain, mine is in the shop too right now, I've been dealing with this since November and they still can't get it right. I "developed" an oil leak shortly after an oil change and to my surprise it ended up being a huge job (head gaskets, water pump, oil pan gaskets and some other stuff I can't remember) all cover by CPO but since then it has been in the shop not for the 4th time with oil leaks and as of yesterday also coolant leak.
Getting very frustrated right now, sorry I had to vent :(

**** man that sucks. I am starting to feel that BMW is just a status and not a well built vehicle. My lexus has had zero issues since day one and has 44000kms more then the bmw.

1naztyx5 02-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6umbrella9 (Post 7354895)
**** man that sucks. I am starting to feel that BMW is just a status and not a well built vehicle. My lexus has had zero issues since day one and has 44000kms more then the bmw.

From what I've learned here on this forum is kinda like the luck of the draw with this cars, thank God for CPO but yeah it makes you question if it was a good move to get into a BMW. I came from an Infiniti QX56 and man...never any issues! Oil change and brakes that's it! Although right now I truly feel is not the car but the dealer or mechanic this people have, I don't have that many dealers close by and the others are just so rude and not customer friendly.
But going back to the comparison of BMW vs Japanese well the Japanese got the reliability on lock! But man I've never enjoy driving a car so much like I do my X .

twizzleraddict 02-02-2013 10:10 PM

Buy Japanese for the reliability and predictability. Buy German for the excitement and potential heartache.

I think that applies to the women too. ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms