Audi makes record sales for 25th consecutive month
Audi today reported January sales of 10,056 vehicles, accounting for a 7.5% increase over the previous mark last year. The month also stands as the 25th consecutive month of record sales for Audi of America.
Coming off a record 2012, Audi is showing no signs of slowing down for 2013. Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) increased 13% to represent 33.3% share of total Audi sales in January. That compares to a 19% mix for the most luxurious Audi models in 2008. Consumers continue to demand the Audi A8 flagship sedan, as sales soared 56% over the year earlier. Audi A5 sales also performed well, posting a 37% gain from January 2012 sales.
“January served as the perfect catalyst for 2013,” said Mark Del Rosso, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “As we continue to increase the footprint of our brand, we will also continue to deliver more record-breaking numbers throughout this year.”
• Sales mix for Audi S models finished the month at 16.2% for the S4, 38.7% for the S5/ RS 5, 11.9% for the S6, 20.7% for the S7, 23% for the S8 and 55.9% for the TT S/ TT RS.
• Audi A5 sales up 37% compared to January 2012.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 11% compared to January 2012.
• Sales of the Audi A8 increased 56% compared to January 2012.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 18% compared to January 2012.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 38.9% for the A3 TDI and 21.5% for Q7 TDI.
• For the record-setting month of January 2013, two Audi models recorded year-over- year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A5 and Audi A8.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 2,843 vehicles marks a new record for January CPO sales, surpassing the previous record from January 2009.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms