Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   328 sport line, no red trim on dash? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674033)

jerrykur 02-03-2013 06:12 AM

328 sport line, no red trim on dash?

Hi

My 2013 has the Sport Line option with red stitching on the wheel, but I noticed there is no red trim pieces on the dash. Instead my are brushed metal. Was the red dash trim a separate option?

Thanks,

Jerry

chiba 02-03-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrykur (Post 7356215)
Hi

My 2013 has the Sport Line option with red stitching on the wheel, but I noticed there is no red trim pieces on the dash. Instead my are brushed metal. Was the red dash trim a separate option?

Thanks,

Jerry

yep, it's a variation. You can have red trim, black trim, and blue if you get m sport.
I chose aluminum with black.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7...0/JDP_3519.jpg

notfound 02-03-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiba (Post 7356248)
yep, it's a variation. You can have red trim, black trim, and blue if you get m sport.
I chose aluminum with black.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7...0/JDP_3519.jpg

Sorry to be off topic, but is that a cup holder mount for your S3? If so, which mount did you get?

krash 02-03-2013 06:49 AM

Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.
:p

But lots of folks on the 'feast have it.

kpgray 02-03-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krash (Post 7356285)
Yes, people were making a big fuss about this when the F30 first came out. Lots of people were saying they don't like the sport line because of the red trim, but you have to specify it when ordering. You don't have to get it if you don't want it. I ordered it for my car. I really like it. It adds a nice splash of color.

Of course, some people hate it, and we're about to hear from them shortly. People are going to post how hideous it looks.

When I ordered my Sport Line, my Wife questioned the red trim and insisted she would not like it. :rolleyes: Now, each time she sits in my car, she runs her fingers on the red trim and tells me how much she like the red!? (krash, what was your #2 worst sin, do not let your Wife pick your color?) :thumbup: Furthermore, I added the Sport Line All Weather Mats with the red trim (same cost as the all black, but mats not in the signature picture as they had to be ordered when I bought the car) and she has also commented on how nice they look with the red trim!? :D The Red trim key fob is also really sweeet! :)

chiba 02-03-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notfound (Post 7356261)
Sorry to be off topic, but is that a cup holder mount for your S3? If so, which mount did you get?

Ram mount, I posted my review here for you.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...22#post7356322

Chiba

krash 02-03-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpgray (Post 7356315)
When I ordered my Sport Line, my Wife questioned the red trim and insisted she would not like it. :rolleyes: Now, each time she sits in my car, she runs her fingers on the red trim and tells me how much she like the red!? (krash, what was your #2 worst sin, do not let your Wife pick your color?) :thumbup: Furthermore, I added the Sport Line All Weather Mats with the red trim (same cost as the all black, but mats not in the signature picture as they had to be ordered when I bought the car) and she has also commented on how nice they look with the red trim!? :D The Red trim key fob is also really sweeet! :)

Yeah, i actually said that.

LOL!

Funny, because I showed my wife a picture of the car I ordered and she really liked the red stripe alot. My kids do too.

I didn't ask their opinion before I ordered of course. I had to stick to my rules.
:thumbup:

Can't wait to get my car and see it live and in person.

kobechrome 02-03-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krash (Post 7356285)

I hate the red trim and it looks hideous. :thumbup:

No seriously, I considered the red trim for my Sportline but ultimately decided on Anthracite. The red was a little too bright for me when I looked at it at the dealer but to each his own. I don't think its hideous - just preferred the anthracite.

kpgray 02-03-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krash (Post 7356336)
Yeah, actually i said that.

LOL!

Funny, because I showed my wife a picture of the car I ordered and she really liked the red stripe alot. My kids do too.

I didn't ask their opinion before I ordered of course. I had to stick to my rules.
:thumbup:

Can't wait to get my car and see it live and in person.

I told my Wife I could not decide on a Silver or Blue exterior (OK I know where I made my mistake) but... I was getting the Everest Gray interior with the Red trim. I liked the Silver color a lot but neighbors on each side of me and two across the street all have Silver sedans. Therefore, as not to blend in too much, I went Blue. With 3 different Blues to choose (Liquid Blue (the Baby Blue color), Imperial Blue (Navy Blue) and Estoril Blue), I would find the ideal color. The Estoril Blue was my Favorite, however, do I pay the extra $1,350 for the color and then lose the Red Trim? My Wife's comment on the Estoril Blue was, "it says Mid-life crisis all over it." Then she saw a Carbon Black color on the dealer showroom floor and stated that is the most masculine color here, get this one (No dear, I can afford a 3-series for $50K not a 6-series at $120K (it was an M-sport 6-series... after that, she decided that I should get the darkest blue I could get)). :yikes: Then she saw the Imperial Blue, said this is it, therefore, I let her say she picked the color. :angel: I got my Blue with the Everest Gray Leather and Red trim. The Gray offsets the Blue very nice, the red really adds a sporty flavor. :thumbup: When is the expected delivery on your new car? Is it in production yet?

krash 02-03-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpgray (Post 7356400)
When is the expected delivery on your new car? Is it in production yet?

Production is done for my car. It's built. It's now in the "Black Hole" stage of delivery that BJ talked about in one of his posts. My car was built in South Africa so that complicates it quite a bit.

I'm expecting my car to be delivered anytime from mid March to Mid April. I don't have any high expectations in terms of getting it sooner than that. So if I do, that will be a huge bonus.

jerrykur 02-03-2013 08:38 AM

Ok. My car was on the dealer's lot and was marked as Anthrocite so I guess that explains the grayish silver trim on the dash. I thought that option only referred to the trim pieces by the shifter.

Thanks for clearing this up.