Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   heater wont turn on (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675370)

cpodunc 02-09-2013 03:23 PM

heater wont turn on

hello all, this is my first post so please forgive me if I am repeating something from old but I have had a look and can't see the same problem as me...

I have a 2003 735Li, basically the heater works fine along with the cold however it will turn itself off when it feels like it, the orange light on the off button is illuminated and nothing i can do will override this, i can turn the ac on by pushing the ac button but the orange off light stays on until randomly going out, then the system will work until it decides to switch off again, i have had the aircon regassed, any thoughts before I spend a small fortune at a garage? it's very cold and I need to fix this before I can take my new born in the car!

any thoughts / ideas would be great, thanks all

BMW7_CEO 02-09-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpodunc (Post 7370888)
hello all, this is my first post so please forgive me if I am repeating something from old but I have had a look and can't see the same problem as me...

I have a 2003 735Li, basically the heater works fine along with the cold however it will turn itself off when it feels like it, the orange light on the off button is illuminated and nothing i can do will override this, i can turn the ac on by pushing the ac button but the orange off light stays on until randomly going out, then the system will work until it decides to switch off again, i have had the aircon regassed, any thoughts before I spend a small fortune at a garage? it's very cold and I need to fix this before I can take my new born in the car!

any thoughts / ideas would be great, thanks all

Try to go to the climate control on the Idrive and go where it says automatic and click it then it should over ride it and click heat then after adjust how you want the vent system to work

cpodunc 02-09-2013 04:11 PM

Thanks ill give it a try, someone else suggested I replace the final stage resistor!!!

BMW7_CEO 02-09-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpodunc (Post 7370962)
Thanks ill give it a try, someone else suggested I replace the final stage resistor!!!

I don't think it's that but it's sometimes the automatic heat or ac turns on or off automatically when the temperature in the car is at it's point but this happen to me I just override it by the idrive climate control

cpodunc 02-09-2013 04:39 PM

thanks, i just went and tried that but it is working fine at the moment, i will wait for it to turn itself off then see if i can override it!

BMW7_CEO 02-09-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpodunc (Post 7371008)
thanks, i just went and tried that but it is working fine at the moment, i will wait for it to turn itself off then see if i can override it!

Alright and good luck man let me know if anything

SFbay 02-10-2013 10:33 AM

Usually you read errors from ihka.

Busarider 02-10-2013 05:33 PM

First option is the use the iDrive settings, if it doesn't work then you need to reprogram.

cpodunc 02-10-2013 05:37 PM

Reprogram? I have had all the faults cleared off the system and it still happened, it was ok yesterday and I'll see tomorrow of I can get it to turn off, it seems to happen later in the day kind of like its been on for a while and possibly heated up a lot? Apart from the idrive override are there any sensors I can replace, is it worth trying to change the final resistor thing??

Jerry 745Li 02-10-2013 08:26 PM

Its the control panel itself. Had mine replace several years ago. The AC would just turn off by itself if I hit a bump. If you press on the AC control panel in various spots I could get it to turn off and on without actually touching any of the buttons.

You need this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-e65-e66-...9d4548&vxp=mtr

Jerry

cpodunc 02-12-2013 02:22 PM

Bmw say its the blower regulator / final stage resistor, it's being changed next week I will keep you informed