Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Window Tint's & Shades (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=677804)

eWERK-E60 02-21-2013 05:54 PM

Window Tint's & Shades

Hi guy's, anyone here put tint's on their windows while having rear windows shades? I like the look of window tints but now that i have factory rear window shades i really dont know if installation is even possible. thoughts?

jim165 02-21-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eWERK-E60 (Post 7396510)
Hi guy's, anyone here put tint's on their windows while having rear windows shades? I like the look of window tints but now that i have factory rear window shades i really dont know if installation is even possible. thoughts?

I have tint and shades....what do you mean? Its no different than any other car. The shades are retractable, you know:rofl:

Nice car, perfect color, if I do say so myself....

H F 02-21-2013 06:12 PM

i have factory window shades...... and tinted all my windows shouldnt be a problem doen yours..

eWERK-E60 02-21-2013 06:30 PM

Ok cool... What I was thinking is that the guy applying the film might have a hard time placing the tint behind the shade housings, there for- problems in the future, air bubble's etc.

st1sj 02-21-2013 07:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have 35% tint, which is the legal limit in MD. Here are before/after pictures. The tint helps with the sun, more so in the front since, as you noted, the back has the shades.

jim165 02-21-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eWERK-E60 (Post 7396609)
Ok cool... What I was thinking is that the guy applying the film might have a hard time placing the tint behind the shade housings, there for- problems in the future, air bubble's etc.

Naw, man...there will be no issues with that. Most tint is pre-cut for each car's windows and the tint guys can apply the tint beneath the door panels without even removing them. Get ceramic for effective heat reduction without needing overly dark tint!

eWERK-E60 02-21-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st1sj (Post 7396693)
I have 35% tint, which is the legal limit in MD. Here are before/after pictures. The tint helps with the sun, more so in the front since, as you noted, the back has the shades.

Look's great! Yup same here in Chicago 35%. I had the same tints on my 528xi and loved the look. So it's time to tint the windows on the 550!
I thought the light tint would not be dark enough at first but it turned out perfect with my black interior, I'm glad I didn't go medium.

eWERK-E60 02-21-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim165 (Post 7396741)
Naw, man...there will be no issues with that. Most tint is pre-cut for each car's windows and the tint guys can apply the tint beneath the door panels without even removing them. Get ceramic for effective heat reduction without needing overly dark tint!

Great thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

jlkaufman 03-15-2013 07:44 PM

Did anyone tint their front window and also have a HUD? I'm wondering if the films interfere with, or reduce the visibility of the HUD. Thanks.

NoQuarter 03-16-2013 07:31 AM

I suspect you will get a slight double image as it reflects off both surfaces. Best to stick on a scrap piece and test it out for a while in different light conditions.

eWERK-E60 03-16-2013 07:36 AM

Try wearing polarized sunglasses while the HUD is activated. You can barley see it. Now, if the brand of tint film that is applied had polarization, well then your HUD display will be useless. Secondly, if your located in the US, check with your state to find out if tinting your front windshield is legal. I know if someone here in Illinois had that done on their car, on the public road, say good by to your car, it would be impounded on the spot. If its a show car, on a trailer then your fine.