Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Orange Screen of Death (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678044)

roadsta 02-22-2013 11:31 PM

Orange Screen of Death

2 Attachment(s)
A few mornings ago, when I started the car, the whole idrive screen turned bright orange. I shut down, restarted, and this time it was just blank and stayed that way. Radio worked but nothing on the screen.

After several hours, restart, all fine. Took it to dealer, they found no fault.

I dd not take a photo, but if you google 'bmw orange idrive screen' you will see it is a fairly common issue. Has anyone seen it? Any ideas what causes it?

I attach two photos from other cars with this problem I found on the web.

R.

07 E63650i 02-23-2013 12:52 AM

My guess is that there is an issue with the electronics. Your dealer should take care of this under warranty.

southern6er22 02-23-2013 05:39 AM

Never experienced it myself, but I do recall others mentioning it a few months ago. No idea what it means.

That's a beautiful Individual 7 Series. Sad to see it violated by such an ugly screen.

Hopefully they will get it sorted out for you.

Leslierc 02-23-2013 05:43 AM

This happened once in my '11 750i xDrive and, apparently, it is not uncommon. Basically, the car's computer cannot sync with all of the applications. Shutting the car down completely and leaving it for a few hours solves the problem and allows the computer reboot.

greenie99 02-23-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadsta (Post 7399135)
A few mornings ago, when I started the car, the whole idrive screen turned bright orange. I shut down, restarted, and this time it was just blank and stayed that way. Radio worked but nothing on the screen.

After several hours, restart, all fine. Took it to dealer, they found no fault.

I dd not take a photo, but if you google 'bmw orange idrive screen' you will see it is a fairly common issue. Has anyone seen it? Any ideas what causes it?

I attach two photos from other cars with this problem I found on the web.

R.

If it is an issue more than the computer trying to sync, a fault code would be stored and retrieved by the dealer. Evidentally, the dealer found no code so as the Beatles once said "Let it be"!:)

Maalco 04-27-2013 02:40 PM

I had the same thing today. Orange/pinkish screen. Shut car down, restarted and just black. Radio worked. Got to destination, car sat about 6.5 hrs. Upon starting - all good. No problems. Very strange.

roadsta 04-27-2013 08:42 PM

I have never had this again, since it happened the first time. I have no explanation for this.

R.

kc1953 05-05-2013 10:23 AM

I had this happen on my f10 and it is pretty well documented on the f10 forum. Cause....who knows. Solution....turn car off and let it sit for a few minutes to allow whatever fault code causing problem to clear (5 minutes?) and then all is well. Basically a reboot solution.