Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Head up display on MY 2014 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681015)

bsavage 03-09-2013 09:09 AM

Head up display on MY 2014

So I am eagerly awaiting the 2014 X3 that I ordered two weeks ago and trying to find out as much as possible about the updates. The dealership or the web do not seem to have very much information yet about them.

Utilizing the great information on this forum I was looking at the build code numbers (if that is what they are called. I am talking about the 3 letter or number code associated with each package or option) for the head up display on the MY 2014 X3. I noticed that the code is the same as it is for the 6 series head up display. I know the 6 series is getting the new multi color head up display for 2014. Does this mean that the X3 will as well?

I am trying not to get my hopes up that this is the case.....but..... it would be a very wonderful surprise to have that on the car!:banana:

Anyone have any info about this?

BogX3 03-09-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsavage (Post 7430765)
So I am eagerly awaiting the 2014 X3 that I ordered two weeks ago and trying to find out as much as possible about the updates. The dealership or the web do not seem to have very much information yet about them.

Utilizing the great information on this forum I was looking at the build code numbers (if that is what they are called. I am talking about the 3 letter or number code associated with each package or option) for the head up display on the MY 2014 X3. I noticed that the code is the same as it is for the 6 series head up display. I know the 6 series is getting the new multi color head up display for 2014. Does this mean that the X3 will as well?

I am trying not to get my hopes up that this is the case.....but..... it would be a very wonderful surprise to have that on the car!:banana:

Anyone have any info about this?

Yes It should because of the new navigation. HUD is now included in the tech package too.

GRPNBMW 03-24-2013 05:04 PM

I hope your right. I ordered mine a week ago. Do you have a production date yet? I also notice the build code for the nav did t change, I'm still assuming we are getting the pro version. We're you able to get your SA to confirm? Mine wasn't able to.

bsavage 03-24-2013 06:02 PM

No I was not able to get the dealership to confirm yet. They are still trying to get more information.

Dont have a build date yet either. Hoping to find out soon!

UncleJ 03-25-2013 09:41 AM

A few weeks ago I had a brand new '13 328 service loaner with the navi and included HUD. I really liked it and would put that on any option list for the next ride. I certainly hope it is available in the X3 line as well!:angel:

bmw5dm3 03-25-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 7469722)
A few weeks ago I had a brand new '13 328 service loaner with the navi and included HUD. I really liked it and would put that on any option list for the next ride. I certainly hope it is available in the X3 line as well!:angel:

it does. in 2014 X3 Technology Package

Want the Thrill 03-25-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleJ (Post 7469722)

HUD has been available in the X3 since it came out in 2011. They are now updating it with a new multi color HUD for 2014.

jsublime 04-02-2013 06:46 AM

Has anyone played with this new multi colored HUD? This article says the speed info is displayed permanently. Think it would be kinda annoying if you couldn't disable the HUD.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...p_display.html

pharding 04-02-2013 07:11 AM

HUD can be turned on and off. However I don't know why one would turn it off. Speed information when the HUD is on, is always displayed. I have had HUD on my last 3 5er's. Our new 2014 X3 will have it also. HUD is awesome and the new version is even better.