Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Auxiliary input and USB input on 2012 X3 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683253)

jayasanala 03-19-2013 07:24 AM

Auxiliary input and USB input on 2012 X3

I recently purchased 2012 X3 and lately I found something which made me unhappy, I have Auxiliary input and USB input options but when I try them they seems to be not working at all its looks like they are not recognized at all. I connected my iPhone via Auxiliary input cable and I donít see any options on my idrive or anywhere where I can choose that. When I click on ĎModeí it looks like I have only 2 options ďRadio(FM/AM) and CDĒ and itís the same with the USB input, I connected a USP which has songs folder in it and itís the same thing I donít see any options to play from USP.

Before this I had 2010 328i in which I used to play music via Auxiliary input and USB, isnít it something which should be by default? The mistake I did is I didnít check these when I looked at the vehicle before purchase thinking that its X3 and it should have better features then my 3 series. Itís very disappointing..

is something wrong with the car or those features or not in there ? please help.

karimsha 03-20-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayasanala (Post 7454540)
I recently purchased 2012 X3 and lately I found something which made me unhappy, I have Auxiliary input and USB input options but when I try them they seems to be not working at all its looks like they are not recognized at all. I connected my iPhone via Auxiliary input cable and I donít see any options on my idrive or anywhere where I can choose that. When I click on ĎModeí it looks like I have only 2 options ďRadio(FM/AM) and CDĒ and itís the same with the USB input, I connected a USP which has songs folder in it and itís the same thing I donít see any options to play from USP.

Before this I had 2010 328i in which I used to play music via Auxiliary input and USB, isnít it something which should be by default? The mistake I did is I didnít check these when I looked at the vehicle before purchase thinking that its X3 and it should have better features then my 3 series. Itís very disappointing..

is something wrong with the car or those features or not in there ? please help.

Have you browsed to Cd/ Multimedia and chose External Devices ? it has the option for AUX and USB ..

jayasanala 03-20-2013 07:41 AM

ya, i got it now...thanks!

IAS 03-20-2013 05:41 PM

mine is not working either, i checked the multimedia option, it was working on my 328.

Jimsan 05-03-2013 09:51 AM

I just tried to listen to Spotify on my iPhone through the AUX. I get a message cannot display album art. All I want to do is listen. It's a new 2014 X3.

Jimsan 05-04-2013 02:01 PM

Okay tried it again from the first iPhone screen after plugging it in to the AUX. When I selected AUX I got the message "information transfer not supported by AUX device" but when I cranked up the volume first for the iPhone music I had on the iphone and then on Spotify i could hear.

You do still need to control the music through the AUX from the phone. I hope eventually there is an App for Spotify supported by BMW for the iDrive.