Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Luxury seating Package vs. B & O (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685746)

bfv 03-27-2013 07:33 PM

Luxury seating Package vs. B & O

I want multicontour seats with M-sport but can't decide between luxury seating package and B & O system.

1) How are front ventilated seats and active seats?

2) Those of you living in sunshine states......do you find power sunshades/manual rear sunshades very helpful?

Wonder if I should pass on lux. seating package:confused: and go for B & O:p. Have to draw a line somewhere:dunno:

southern6er22 03-27-2013 09:12 PM

I'd definitely pass on the seats and go for the B&O.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret passing on the B&O system. I skipped the ventilated seats and haven't given it a second thought. I actually prefer the non-perforated leather. I live I Alabama, so I know all about summer heat and that combo with a black on black car. The car does get toasty in the summer, but the parked car ventilation combined with the brilliant A/C never left me uncomfortable. The car always cools off quickly once you get past the initial heat. I doubt that the little fans that circulate air would do a lot to remedy this initial burst of heat. The Bimmer system isn't as good as the GM system in our Denali that actually cools the seat. It's painful to admit that GM beats BMW at something, but this difference left me cold to the BMW seats (sorry, couldn't help the pun :) ).

Get the B&O. They sound great and look even better. It may not be worth the price on most cars, but most cars aren't 6ers.

Sandlapper 03-28-2013 07:20 AM

+1 on the B&O

Just like my pal in Alabama, I did not get the B&O and regret it every day. I ordered my car in June of 2011 for a Sept 2011 delivery so there wasn't one made yet that I could listen to.
I've just test driven a 2013 Grand Coupe with the active seats. I'd pay NOT to have them. Just like sitting on a wooden bench waiting for a bus. No way I could like them better than the standard Nappa seats in my 2012 coupe.
Be sure you sit in the "active" seats before you buy them. I vote big time for the B&O. Who needs your butt jiggled by a hard seat anyway? :rofl:

eyeatl 03-28-2013 10:06 AM

I have both on my car. If your budget allows for only one of these options, I would agree with the others here that the B&O system is something you will use and enjoy everyday. I ordered the seats because I like the ventilation feature in the hot summer months, but it is something I could live without. The massage feature is OK, but not as good another car that I have with this feature.

bfv 03-28-2013 04:28 PM

Thanks for great input from all of you!

XZLR8 04-01-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7477032)
the parked car ventilation

Why do I NEVER remember to use that?

southern6er22 04-01-2013 07:15 PM

I'm reluctant to use it now since I had my battery drainage issues they claim were related to pushing the engine off button only once and then locking the car to shut down the electronics completely. If that does a number on the battery, then I can only imagine what the 30 minute ventilation cycle does to it. It's getting hot again, so I'm sure I'll start using it again soon. Just prayin' I don't have any more issues.