Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Z3 Roadster (E36/7) just bought her (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685749)

BigPhilly 03-27-2013 08:58 PM

just bought her
 
1 Attachment(s)
So I just bought her. Im so happy I love it! Bad pic but I took it with my phone still at the lot. Going to take more pix tomorrow!!!!

tmoua328 03-27-2013 10:08 PM

Very nice.

IgotBMW 03-27-2013 10:45 PM

Congrats and welcome.

More details and pics please.

baxterross 03-28-2013 01:20 AM

Congrats! Beautiful car.

BStanton 03-28-2013 03:26 AM

Congrats and welcome!!!

dougmcintyre 03-28-2013 04:41 AM

Congrats! You are going to have a great spring. After that, it just gets better.

KBH22102 03-28-2013 05:20 AM

Very nice, and a hardtop to boot! Congrats and welcome.

dadmog 03-28-2013 09:24 AM

Nice! Welcome aboard!

BigPhilly 03-28-2013 10:23 AM

thank you i cant wait to start personalizing it. and i live in florida so i want to get that hard top ASAP...lol only problem with it is the windows are tough to get down they go up real fast but going down you have to mess with it a litle and they are slow going. so im thinking regulators? any suggestions would be appreciated.

AustinZ3 03-28-2013 03:44 PM

Good chocie. The Z3 is an amazing car

vintage42 03-28-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPhilly (Post 7477893)
... only problem with it is the windows are tough to get down they go up real fast but going down you have to mess with it a litle and they are slow going. so im thinking regulators? any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think the windows have friction, which slows them and puts strain on the regulators and motors, which can eventually break spot welds in the linkage and anchorage. You need to remove the panels and probably replace the sliders to stop the progression. There are various DIYs on panel removal, slider replacement, regulator replacement, and broken welds. I will just throw a few down here:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=51&fg=10&hl=3
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1366261
http://www.dvatp.com/bmw/diy/power_window/
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...bag+reset+tool
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=709563

BigPhilly 03-29-2013 10:09 AM

thank you everone! as far a sthe windows go...its oddd when its cold out is when they act up but when its warm they go up n down with hardly any difficulties. Thank you for that DIY tho as soon as i can im going to replace the sliders i think...Thanks for the input!

cohiba7777 03-29-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPhilly (Post 7480353)
thank you everone! as far a sthe windows go...its oddd when its cold out is when they act up but when its warm they go up n down with hardly any difficulties. Thank you for that DIY tho as soon as i can im going to replace the sliders i think...Thanks for the input!

Silicone sprayed down the edge - loosened mine up immediately and I had exact same problem & have never looked back. thought I was in for new lifters, etc - instant fix.:thumbup:

BigPhilly 03-29-2013 10:55 AM

i would still have to take the door panel off tho...correct?

cohiba7777 03-29-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPhilly (Post 7480443)
i would still have to take the door panel off tho...correct?


negative my brother - just squirt down the edge of window - easy fix -

BigPhilly 03-29-2013 11:35 AM

sweet thanx i will try it! :)

WhseMark 03-29-2013 07:19 PM

Very nice. I got my '97 last summer. Way to much fun....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms