Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   2014 Arrived today with out Top View (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687806)

allandpm 04-05-2013 07:39 PM

2014 Arrived today with out Top View

Ordered driver assistance package and Plus package but my rep forgot to add top view camera. My fault for not spotting that on the order. Learn from our mistake. Has the new Nav and iDrive. Speed limit in the Hud is cool.Nav not set up yet but the rep can tell it's the new system. Missing the small storage area in the dash to the left of the steering wheel. It is there on the MY13.Took it for a quick ride, Has not been detailed yet. Rep is upset about the top view omission too.
May reorder with Dynamic Handling Package and wait another month..Tough decision
AW with Black Dakota,Tech. MSport

02420X3 04-05-2013 07:46 PM

If it were me, I would confirm when the dealership has another build slot that they were willing to give to me, and I would reorder with both Top View and DHP. YMMV.

ironfan 04-05-2013 07:54 PM

Must be something about ordering Top View as it was missing on two quotes I received, and on my build order. After I pointed it out, it took the dealer two attempts to get it included!

zibawala 04-05-2013 08:04 PM

Pictures ?

IRBD 04-05-2013 08:58 PM

For what it's worth, I really like the top view - easy to see curbs and clearances. And when my daughter does the parallel parking part of her driver's test she'll nail it.

bsavage 04-05-2013 09:54 PM

So sorry to hear that.

I do not like that the top view is a sub-option choice. When I originally ordered mine the top view showed up that they selected it when ordering the car. Two weeks later, when I stopped by the dealership trying to figure out some news about the updated iDrive, we noticed that it did not save the sub-option for top view. Since we caught it before production they were able to add it back again.

I would hold out for a new one that is 100% as you like it. One month now is worth it over the years of ownership.

pharding 04-06-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allandpm (Post 7498342)
Ordered driver assistance package and Plus package but my rep forgot to add top view camera. ....

I would ask them to trade for a slot that goes into production in a week at the latest. I would insist on getting what you ordered. The dealer screwed up. It is worth the wait to get what you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allandpm (Post 7498342)
... Missing the small storage area in the dash to the left of the steering wheel. It is there on the MY13......

There is now a mini-gove box with a door, approximately 6" x 6" x 12" deep, just like the 5 series to the left of the steering wheel. It is a great place for sun glasses and a tollway electronic pass.

gfeiner 04-06-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharding (Post 7498998)

There is now a mini-gove box with a door, approximately 6" x 6" x 12" deep, just like the 5 series to the left of the steering wheel. It is a great place for sun glasses and a tollway electronic pass.

My 2012 35i has that glovebox. It's not new.

Marathon Man 04-06-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfeiner (Post 7499159)
My 2012 35i has that glovebox. It's not new.

The original poster said his new MY'14 doesn't have it but it was in MY13. I know in the my 2013 X3 28i it was part of a storage package that was in Premium Package. Without that package it wasn't there. The question is whether or not that is in the MY14 version. The price list at the top of the forum shows 493 Storage Package as standard in both the 28i and 35i. So has that box been deleted?

wpattison 04-06-2013 11:18 AM

The stow box on the left of the steering wheel was not included on my MY2013 35i, and I have the storage package. I also have the Driver's Assist package, which has lane departure and collision detection. Both of those options are able to be switched on/off via buttons on the left of the steering wheel where that stow box is supposed to be located. Best guess on my part is the Drivers Assist package on/off buttons over-rode that slot for the stow box.

Marathon Man 04-06-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpattison (Post 7499383)
The stow box on the left of the steering wheel was not included on my MY2013 35i, and I have the storage package. I also have the Driver's Assist package, which has lane departure and collision detection. Both of those options are able to be switched on/off via buttons on the left of the steering wheel where that stow box is supposed to be located. Best guess on my part is the Drivers Assist package on/off buttons over-rode that slot for the stow box.

I didn't know that but looking at the owners manual and you are right. Wow, it is confusing the different variations possible on these things.

Burtman 04-06-2013 04:44 PM

I have an 2013 with M package and mine has the storage box to the left of the stering wheel !

opem 04-06-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRBD (Post 7498461)
For what it's worth, I really like the top view - easy to see curbs and clearances. And when my daughter does the parallel parking part of her driver's test she'll nail it.

Sarcasm? You're not allowed to use cameras or sensors to assist with parking during road tests, afaik.

wpattison 04-07-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 7499534)
I didn't know that but looking at the owners manual and you are right. Wow, it is confusing the different variations possible on these things.

Agreed. One of the updates to the X3 from the first generation I liked was that stowage drawer. Ah well, no big deal. I will say I like the lane departure/collision detection features.

bimmernut1 04-09-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharding (Post 7498998)

Over a month with my 2013 and I never noticed this storage spot. Just went out and confirmed. Good stuff.

pharding 04-09-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpattison (Post 7499383)

That is exactly what happened.