Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   difference between BMW status track and my VIR (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687891)

haodang 04-06-2013 10:15 AM

difference between BMW status track and my VIR

Hello everyone,

I got my Vehicle Inquiry Report today and see everything is what I ordered. However, when I put int the production number into the BMW website to track the status of the production, I found out that the description of my car on the BMW website is different from the VIR. The exterior color is different from what is shown on the VIR. I was not able to find more detailed information concerning the car's configuration from the BMW website. Has anyone encountered any this kind of issues before?

Thanks

pharding 04-06-2013 10:24 AM

The BMW web site is not particularly accurate.

Marathon Man 04-06-2013 10:32 AM

When I ordered my X3 last summer, initially it showed online in a different color. Then as it got closer to production the color and other information were updated. As it went through production the status was updated infrequently. Finally it showed complete and a couple of days later I got the video. Most people have reported similar issues so don't freak out about it. In these days of instant gratification on the internet, we expect perfectly updated information by the minute, like play-by-play on a ballgame. BMW isn't there yet. In any case, it doesn't impact when you actually get the vehicle so it isn't a priority.

haodang 04-06-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharding (Post 7499191)
The BMW web site is not particularly accurate.

Thanks pharding!

haodang 04-06-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 7499206)
When I ordered my X3 last summer, initially it showed online in a different color. Then as it got closer to production the color and other information were updated. As it went through production the status was updated infrequently. Finally it showed complete and a couple of days later I got the video. Most people have reported similar issues so don't freak out about it. In these days of instant gratification on the internet, we expect perfectly updated information by the minute, like play-by-play on a ballgame. BMW isn't there yet. In any case, it doesn't impact when you actually get the vehicle so it isn't a priority.

Thank you for the response! I won't take online status serious now. :)

haodang 04-07-2013 03:44 PM

Just a quick update in case anybody is interested. I checked the status of my car today and the color is now changed to the correct one. Probably they update their website daily instead of real-time.