Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Will 2015 X3 get LED headlights? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687989)

nyc2012 04-06-2013 09:08 PM

Will 2015 X3 get LED headlights?
 
They look pretty cool to me. Just wondering if they will be added next year as part of the facelift.

Vortec4800 04-06-2013 10:08 PM

My guess (which is just a guess) is no, I have a feeling they will keep those for their higher end vehicles for a while like the X5/6.

nyc2012 04-07-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortec4800 (Post 7500385)
My guess (which is just a guess) is no, I have a feeling they will keep those for their higher end vehicles for a while like the X5/6.

Even the new 3 series all have LED standard. Also those leaked X4 picture shows LED head lights as well.

The X Men 04-07-2013 11:21 AM

Not sure what the big deal is, even the Honda Accord have LED headlight lights :)

Vortec4800 04-07-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The X Men (Post 7501211)
Not sure what the big deal is, even the Honda Accord have LED headlight lights :)

The Accord has some accent lights, the actual headlights aren't LED (or even Xenon).

I mean maybe they will bring it to the 3 series and the X3 sooner than I thought then. I haven't see any 3 series with LED headlights though, only concept info from the upcoming 5 series and optional on the current 7.

The X Men 04-07-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortec4800 (Post 7501391)
The Accord has some accent lights, the actual headlights aren't LED (or even Xenon).

I mean maybe they will bring it to the 3 series and the X3 sooner than I thought then. I haven't see any 3 series with LED headlights though, only concept info from the upcoming 5 series and optional on the current 7.

The new Accord has optional LED low beam headlights and day time running lights:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...+led+headlight

Durkis 04-07-2013 04:23 PM

I wouldn't even venture to guess... We can't even get 2014 MY information !! Lol

Vortec4800 04-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The X Men (Post 7501769)
The new Accord has optional LED low beam headlights and day time running lights:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...+led+headlight

WTF, I would have put money on the Accord not having LED headlights.

Anyway, I think the BMW LED lights are quite a bit more advanced. This is why everyone is getting excited:

[youtube]-dvPZ3H1Vm4[/youtube]

lbjgh 04-07-2013 07:33 PM

That looks neat but it won't be available on the lowly x3... Adaptive hid isn't even available in Canada. :(

02420X3 04-07-2013 09:06 PM

I'm more than happy with my Xenons, and not the least bit concerned about the possibility of having LEDs on a future model.

The X Men 04-08-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortec4800 (Post 7501938)
WTF, I would have put money on the Accord not having LED headlights.

Anyway, I think the BMW LED lights are quite a bit more advanced. This is why everyone is getting excited:

Lights always look brighter in photos or videos. Most of the LED headlights on the market now are simply not as bright as HID. The brightest LED headlights I have tested are the one on the Audi A6. They are very bright and white, but does not throw a beam as far as the Xenon lights.

pharding 04-08-2013 07:20 AM

Xenon lights are my 2014 X3 are superb. I do not see the attraction to LED headlights if the goal is to see well at night.

The X Men 04-08-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharding (Post 7502848)
Xenon lights are my 2014 X3 are superb. I do not see the attraction to LED headlights if the goal is to see well at night.

I agree, the X3's HIDs are among some of the best in the industry. LED lights might add a sense of uniqueness, but performance wise, LED lights have nothing over HIDs.

nyc2012 04-08-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortec4800 (Post 7501938)
WTF, I would have put money on the Accord not having LED headlights.

Anyway, I think the BMW LED lights are quite a bit more advanced. This is why everyone is getting excited:

[youtube]-dvPZ3H1Vm4[/youtube]

This tech looks really amazing. I guess it's the same tech no matter LED or Xenon.

Mr Mojo Risin 04-09-2013 05:51 AM

.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms