Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E53 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Shaking problem (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689330)

X5 E53 Driver 04-12-2013 05:31 PM

Shaking problem

Hi Guys I here again with anther problem , in this week my 2002 X5 3.0i start shaking whenever I stop by the stop signs or in the traffic lights and the Gear on Drive it's start shaking hard so what I do is whenever I stop I put the Gear in Natural to avoid that shaking and the car driving very nice and smooth and I went to the dealer and I bought Oil with filter and I told the seller guy about that issue and he recommended to my to try the BMW Full system Cleaner and I bought it too and I changed the oil and the filter
And I used that BMW full system cleaner too with the full tank of Gas just Yesterday, and I haven't drove it that much yet ,,, so if any one had the issue before or had any Kind of Experience with it I really Appreciate any kind of help , Thank you.

raider03 04-13-2013 12:41 AM

Could be an air leak causing your shaking or fuel delivery problem. CHeck for air leaks and check fuel pressure.

X5 E53 Driver 04-18-2013 05:34 PM

I take it to the BMW Mechanical and they told me that Both of the engine Mount are broken and they need to be changed and its cost $1300 !!!

745iguy 04-18-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X5 E53 Driver (Post 7528000)
I take it to the BMW Mechanical and they told me that Both of the engine Mount are broken and they need to be changed and its cost $1300 !!!

The parts are like slightly more than 150$(79$ each from oem bimmer parts & 107$ each from dealer) and an indy will probably do the job for about half of that parts and labor if you cannot DIY do not use a dealer use a reputable independent bmw shop.

X5 E53 Driver 04-18-2013 08:08 PM

Thanks 745iguy yeah bro I m not gonna do it at BMW Dealer with that price it's really too much for my because I just spend $780 in this morning to replace The fan clutch and the engine belt with wheel aliment plus balance so I am really thinking to replace that engine mount by my self I know it's gonna be hard job to get it done but I wanna try it and know Im looking to found the guide how to replace them or someone know how to do it that can may help me out with that , Thank you very much.

woody089 06-03-2013 08:57 AM

Any updates? My 2003 has the exact same vibration.
Jim

X5 E53 Driver 06-03-2013 02:35 PM

Shaking problem

Yeah man I check it at BMW Mechanical and they told me that I have to replace the Engine mounts and I ordered them online for about $165 OEM and they should arrived at my home today , so I'm gonna replace them tomorrow morning by my self they are very easy to replaced and I will let you Know what gonna happen with me ,,,

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

woody089 06-04-2013 06:15 AM

Please post any key photos, and tools used
thx
Jim

X5 E53 Driver 06-11-2013 02:43 PM

Shaking problem

5 Attachment(s)
Finally I did it its was too hard challenge to me because this's my first time to done I job like that and I did search in google and YouTube but there's no thing about X5 , any way ..

Tools & steps
1- Patience and taking your time !
2- take the front wheels out seat the car at two stands make sure it's secure ,,,
3- take the two underneath covers ,,,
4-take the engine mount screws out each mount has Two screws and one Nut in the top of the mount ,,,
5- and now you have to left the engine up and take the old mounts out and install the new ones BUT you need to take the Left side CV axle out because its will touch the car body and will not allow you to left the engine enough !!!
6- and you need to remove the Transmission mount screw out its has only one screw to let the transmission little pit down so when you left the engine the Transmission will not hinder the engine to move up so you will have enough access to the engine mounts.
NOTE : you gonna need extension at less 18 inches to reach the engine mounts nuts from the top , for me I used 24 inches its was very helpfully ,,,

let me know if you have anymore questions ,,,,,

Attachment 381332
Attachment 381333
Attachment 381334
Attachment 381335
Attachment 381336

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app