Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Nav. Problem (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691926)

debuck 04-24-2013 07:22 PM

Nav. Problem

Ordered a 2014 X3 x28i on Apr 1 and picked it up on Apr 22. Having a problem with the navigation sys taking me to the wrong address. Was about 14 miles from my house. Entered in my home address started the guidance sys. The navigation system took me to a different address 6 miles from where I live and told me that I had reached my destination. The rural road I live on is intersected by a main highway. The navigation instructed me to turn RIGHT off the main highway and took me 3 miles to reach my destination. I actually live 3 miles to the LEFT from the mail highway.

Is anyone else having similar problems and how can I tell if I have the upgraded navigation system?

Teemo Panda 04-24-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debuck (Post 7542154)
Ordered a 2014 X3 x28i on Apr 1 and picked it up on Apr 22. Having a problem with the navigation sys taking me to the wrong address. Was about 14 miles from my house. Entered in my home address started the guidance sys. The navigation system took me to a different address 6 miles from where I live and told me that I had reached my destination. The rural road I live on is intersected by a main highway. The navigation instructed me to turn RIGHT off the main highway and took me 3 miles to reach my destination. I actually live 3 miles to the LEFT from the mail highway.

Is anyone else having similar problems and how can I tell if I have the upgraded navigation system?

i think the latest version of the nav is 2013-1a which i currently have,

If you want to program your house to the nav, i would suggest to go to the map and save this position as your home address :)

debuck 04-25-2013 05:12 AM

OK, I will do that today but when I key in future addresses how can I trust it to take me to the right places?:mad::dunno:

debuck 04-30-2013 06:30 PM

Taking my 2014 X3 28i to the dealerships service dept. in the morning for them to check out the malfunctioning Navigation System.

Kamigawa120 said he had version 2013 1-a in his 2014 X3. My X3 has version 2013. I only got the Navigation, I didn't get the Tech Pkg. I don't believe I have the correct version. Does anyone know for sure what version I should have? I would really like to know before I take the vehicle to the service dept. in the morning.................

muditrawat 04-30-2013 06:39 PM

Nav. Problem

I'm having a similar problem with my new 328xi. The voice and the navigation directions are sometimes different (asking me to take left or right when the direction on the Nav says go straight). Today it decided to take me home through a route which took me an hour and a half to get home (it normally takes me 30 mins) via the highway.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Liverman 05-01-2013 03:04 PM

2014 X3 35i with Navigtaion (609) option, built 16 Apr 2013. My Nav system version reads:

North America BMW Group
112 113.2.121
Road Map North America Next 2013

NBT_D125051

This nav system places my address about 1 mile down the road from where it really is. I am in rural Colorado. Other nav systems (google, bing, etc.) will also make a mistake - some the same mistake, some make a different mistake. Every revision of those systems causes the mistake to change.

I have put in some other addresses in cities and the X3 nav system places them correctly. Since I have only had the car a few days, I have not done extensive tests.

I think routes will get re-calculated based on perceived traffic conditions and depending on how you have set the settings.

As I said - I am still learning this system's logic

herbw440 05-02-2013 05:06 PM

Nav. Problem

I was having similar issues with the navigation system in my 2013 X3 35i so I took it to the service dept. at Murray BMW. What they figured out was that the navigation system was set at Eco Pro mode at the factory and also it was set at Dynamic Route which will try to change the route due to traffic or road conditions so those two have been turned off! I am very impressed by the service provided by Murray BMW of Denver service department! They also washed my engine for free!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app