Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E53 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Bringing my car into BMW to get it evaluated today for repairs (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692023)

KyleNatoliX5 04-25-2013 08:28 AM

Bringing my car into BMW to get it evaluated today for repairs
 
Ill be bringing my X to BMW of Bloomfied to get evaluated because of serious oil burning problem. Im talking serious as is 3-4 quarts in a 3 week period. I called BMW and they seemed to think it was VCC or VGC Valves? Im not quite sure what he said, but i did hear its an $8000 repair job. Only had her for a few a months and I'm hit with this. Well see what happens.

Spring20 04-26-2013 03:02 PM

I feel for you. Where did you buy it?for that kind of money i would make them buy it back

KyleNatoliX5 04-26-2013 08:19 PM

Well it was a $145 just to have them look at it, kind of ridiculous. I was left with a voicemail saying they have confirmed the problem and the warranty does not cover it. The estimate of 8K was an over the phone estimate before i brought it in to the service station. I'll find out for sure tomorrow once I return the call. Purchased it from a used auto dealer in Patterson Nj, I'm going to call them tomorrow as well to try and sort this out.

Spring20 04-27-2013 06:38 AM

Good luck. Let me know what happens

KyleNatoliX5 04-30-2013 06:19 AM

It was diagnosed to be the valve guide seals. They quoted me $7150 and my warranty did not cover it. My dad is a mechanic and we are going to attempt to repair the seals without pulling the heads.

Spring20 04-30-2013 06:01 PM

I feel for you bro. What are you gonna do. What can you do as far as getting them to pay for it or buy it back. That's just rotten

KyleNatoliX5 05-01-2013 12:43 PM

Repair is the only option, and there is no way I'm paying 8k for my car to be repaired. It's a BMW so it is expensive to maintain and we should know this off the bat, but for 8k I could buy an e46 or e39. Another lesson, never purchase an aftermarket warranty because they aren't worth squat. Anyway I'm going to attempt the repair in the upcoming weeks ill post back on what happens

Spring20 05-01-2013 05:18 PM

You got it keep me posted. Yeah i bought the extended piece of crap warranty too.after a week noticed the air cond. wasn't working. They said it might not be under warranty. I wasn't buying it. After a little complaining they just fixed it

745iguy 05-01-2013 06:29 PM

Bringing my car into BMW to get it evaluated today for repairs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleNatoliX5 (Post 7556644)
Repair is the only option, and there is no way I'm paying 8k for my car to be repaired. It's a BMW so it is expensive to maintain and we should know this off the bat, but for 8k I could buy an e46 or e39. Another lesson, never purchase an aftermarket warranty because they aren't worth squat. Anyway I'm going to attempt the repair in the upcoming weeks ill post back on what happens

if youre in NJ bmwoem1 is in NY and is a bmw master tech who works at a dealership and works on forum members cars he does this job for 2500 parts n labor included. lots of vouches for this man in the e65/6 section, that is of course if you dont wanna diy, and im sure if you do; you can look up keifs diy on it in that section also, lots of nice pictures and info on this job, just keep in mind different car same engine and idea behind the job. either way good luck on the repairs :thumbup:


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

KyleNatoliX5 05-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 745iguy (Post 7557367)
if youre in NJ bmwoem1 is in NY and is a bmw master tech who works at a dealership and works on forum members cars he does this job for 2500 parts n labor included. lots of vouches for this man in the e65/6 section, that is of course if you dont wanna diy, and im sure if you do; you can look up keifs diy on it in that section also, lots of nice pictures and info on this job, just keep in mind different car same engine and idea behind the job. either way good luck on the repairs :thumbup:


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Thank you, I actually came across a post from bmwoem1. I was leaning toward his service because the price is way more do-able, but my dad assured me that together we DIY it. We will inspect it before we dive to make sure it is our ballpark. My dad has changed valve guide seals before but this is 2004 X5, not a Chevy Nova :rofl: . If we do decide to DIY I will snap some pictures a long the way.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Spring20 (Post 7557201)
You got it keep me posted. Yeah i bought the extended piece of crap warranty too.after a week noticed the air cond. wasn't working. They said it might not be under warranty. I wasn't buying it. After a little complaining they just fixed it

Yea those warrantees aren't even worth their weight in paper. Who did you call to get them to fix your A/c? The dealer or warrantee company?

Spring20 05-01-2013 08:18 PM

Dealer

mark2895 05-02-2013 04:01 AM

Bringing my car into BMW to get it evaluated today for repairs
 
Hey guys I was experiencing oil burning issues as well but I was told it's just the CCV valve. (2004 3.0 X5) Stealer quoted me 800. Local mechanic shop in Red Bank NJ quoted me 300. Reach out if you want the name of the place in Red Bank perhaps they can help you.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

KyleNatoliX5 05-11-2013 03:45 PM

Bringing my car into BMW to get it evaluated today for repairs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2895 (Post 7558047)
Hey guys I was experiencing oil burning issues as well but I was told it's just the CCV valve. (2004 3.0 X5) Stealer quoted me 800. Local mechanic shop in Red Bank NJ quoted me 300. Reach out if you want the name of the place in Red Bank perhaps they can help you.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

I appreciate the help, but I was diagnosed a different reason for oil burning. If you want you can spread the word in the regional sub forums.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms