Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Demo car purchase (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693869)

Evahnulahm 05-03-2013 12:52 PM

Demo car purchase
 
So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the following 2013 x3 28i with about 15k miles on it. It was a loaner so it was never titled and is eligible for all new car programs.

MSRP 46545
Sales price 37899
Doc fee 399 was 599
SC sales tax 300
Tag 18
Loyalty rebate 750
College grad 1000
Out the door 36966

I really wanted the 35i but can't justify the premium I would have to pay to get one and nothing I have found has the options I wanted. And I think the performance gap between the 28 and 35 is much smaller than it used to be so I am happy with the 28. Any thoughts on this deal? I have been wrangling them for a week and it seems that this is the lowest that they will go. Plus I get the rebate and grad money and 1.9% for 60 months so it seems pretty good to me.

The X Men 05-03-2013 01:05 PM

Its a ok deal, because the mileage is very high for a 2013 loaner. As far as the 35i, if you drive both back to back, the 35i is worth every penny of the $2800 or so premium if one considers all the extra options that it comes with. The car you are looking at has a MSRP of $46545, it must be pretty basic in options, no navi, no xenon, etc. In that case, the 35i might be out of your price range. The 28i is a great engine, but the 35i pretty much puts the X3 into another class of SUV.

bmw_again 05-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evahnulahm (Post 7561410)
So I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the following 2013 x3 28i with about 15k miles on it. It was a loaner so it was never titled and is eligible for all new car programs.

MSRP 46545
Sales price 37899
Doc fee 399 was 599
SC sales tax 300
Tag 18
Loyalty rebate 750
College grad 1000
Out the door 36966

I really wanted the 35i but can't justify the premium I would have to pay to get one and nothing I have found has the options I wanted. And I think the performance gap between the 28 and 35 is much smaller than it used to be so I am happy with the 28. Any thoughts on this deal? I have been wrangling them for a week and it seems that this is the lowest that they will go. Plus I get the rebate and grad money and 1.9% for 60 months so it seems pretty good to me.


Just to give you another point of reference, in my case (2013 28i, new, December last year) msrp was very close to 46k, and then the agreed price (after 1750 in rebates and before sales tax) about 41k. So looks like you are saving about another 10% or so due to the 15k miles.



I've got to say, you have a really really low car sales tax in SC!

Evahnulahm 05-03-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The X Men (Post 7561443)
Its a ok deal, because the mileage is very high for a 2013 loaner. As far as the 35i, if you drive both back to back, the 35i is worth every penny of the $2800 or so premium if one considers all the extra options that it comes with. The car you are looking at has a MSRP of $46545, it must be pretty basic in options, no navi, no xenon, etc. In that case, the 35i might be out of your price range. The 28i is a great engine, but the 35i pretty much puts the X3 into another class of SUV.

It has premium, navigation, heated seats, and satellite radio which is pretty much all I wanted. I do wish it had the sport package but my main desire was a non silver with black or brown leather and I had to have the premium for the wood trim since the aluminum isn't my taste.

I did really want the 35 but I can get a 2013 for about 5 grand less than the closest 35 I would even consider and it was a 2011. I think with the new turbo 4 the performance gap is a lot smaller than when it was the inline 6 vs the turbo 6. I have seen so many professional test drives and reviews where they say the 28i is the way to go. I.e. the x1, 328, etc so I am not that disappointed.

Evahnulahm 05-03-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw_again (Post 7561693)
Just to give you another point of reference, in my case (2013 28i, new, December last year) msrp was very close to 46k, and then the agreed price (after 1750 in rebates and before sales tax) about 41k. So looks like you are saving about another 10% or so due to the 15k miles.



I've got to say, you have a really really low car sales tax in SC!

Yeah but they get us every year with the personal property vehicle tax for our tag renewal. It is based on the value of your car so I will be paying like 600 bucks the first year so I still end up paying just at a later time.

The X Men 05-04-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evahnulahm (Post 7562143)
It has premium, navigation, heated seats, and satellite radio which is pretty much all I wanted. I do wish it had the sport package but my main desire was a non silver with black or brown leather and I had to have the premium for the wood trim since the aluminum isn't my taste.

I did really want the 35 but I can get a 2013 for about 5 grand less than the closest 35 I would even consider and it was a 2011. I think with the new turbo 4 the performance gap is a lot smaller than when it was the inline 6 vs the turbo 6. I have seen so many professional test drives and reviews where they say the 28i is the way to go. I.e. the x1, 328, etc so I am not that disappointed.

I first thought the same about the 28i. All I can say is test drive the 35i before you decide, it really is a totally different car, well worth the extra $$. The 35i also have leather, xenon, LED angel eyes, and a few other option as standard option as oppose to the 28i.

Meiac09 05-04-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evahnulahm (Post 7562146)
Yeah but they get us every year with the personal property vehicle tax for our tag renewal. It is based on the value of your car so I will be paying like 600 bucks the first year so I still end up paying just at a later time.

I lived in Greenville and paid $475 for my $47,500 MSRP 328i when I first bought it... I don't know if it matters that I lived outside city limits. Beat the hell out of paying 6.75% tax plus about $1,500 for first year excise tax when I lived in New England.

hec 08-25-2013 07:19 AM

demo 2013 X3 35i M sportpckg loaded
 
Been to my dealer and I am looking at a 2013 X3 Msport pckg. The car was "executive driven"..has 13,000Km ( just over 8000 miles) . It has all the packages. I am in Canada where prices are much higher on these vehicles. Dealer is asking 59,900. ...new price around 63,000. I am wondering as I deal on this car, where I might expect to begin with an offer. Any advice?

The X Men 08-25-2013 08:39 AM

I think a good place to start is invoice minus 10%, which is about $52000.

hec 09-01-2013 10:59 AM

x3 msport
 
Thanks for the suggestion...it did work well...actually have finalized the deal at about 8% below invoice...I am happy...pick up the vehicle this week...sorry to see my 09 M Sport go..it was great but I need more space and easier in and out..

The X Men 09-01-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hec (Post 7810218)
Thanks for the suggestion...it did work well...actually have finalized the deal at about 8% below invoice...I am happy...pick up the vehicle this week...sorry to see my 09 M Sport go..it was great but I need more space and easier in and out..

8% below invoice is a decent price, make sure you ask for all maintenance history and car fax.

Bmwlvr60 09-08-2013 03:48 PM

Congrats!

Have the 4 banger and it's a great engine with great MPG.

hec 09-16-2013 08:35 AM

X3 35i M sport...
 
Really enjoying the new ride...the engine is phenomenal. I have been experimenting with the various setting...from eco to sport+ and there is a remarkable difference in each setting. Not sure I have achieved the posted mileage ratings, but they are not bad so far. My first X3 and I am not disappointed. The M Sport Pck. is a wonderful option on this vehicle.

The X Men 09-16-2013 08:57 AM

Congrats hec, how about some pics?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms