Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Need help EXPORTING MUSIC (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697440)

Smedley Butler 05-20-2013 07:15 AM

Need help EXPORTING MUSIC
 
Hi. I'm moving from a 2011 F10 to a new 2013. I can't get my music stored on the car's HD to export to my USB thumbdrive in the glove box. When I 'click' on export, it says to attach a USB device, which I've already done, but then nothing happens.

mrcamp 05-21-2013 06:27 AM

I believe it takes a while to fully read the USB drive. Give it some time.

badblack550xi 05-21-2013 07:26 AM

if waiting does not help try to format your HDD or flash drive.

Donm 05-21-2013 05:23 PM

Have you tried (or do you have) a USB in the console? That one allowed me to load a 2013 F10 from a thumb drive.

K-A 05-22-2013 02:13 AM

Is there a way to transfer ONE SONG from the iDrive into a USB????

astrohip 06-01-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedley Butler (Post 7596707)
Hi. I'm moving from a 2011 F10 to a new 2013. I can't get my music stored on the car's HD to export to my USB thumbdrive in the glove box. When I 'click' on export, it says to attach a USB device, which I've already done, but then nothing happens.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donm (Post 7600793)
Have you tried (or do you have) a USB in the console? That one allowed me to load a 2013 F10 from a thumb drive.


Smed... I'm pretty sure this is your answer. I read somewhere the USB in the center console is the only one that can talk to the music/entertainment system. The one in the glove box is for updates & car-data-file uploads.

mrcamp 06-01-2013 05:58 PM

The one in the glove box is the one that's used to transfer import/export music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrohip (Post 7623790)
Smed... I'm pretty sure this is your answer. I read somewhere the USB in the center console is the only one that can talk to the music/entertainment system. The one in the glove box is for updates & car-data-file uploads.


astrohip 06-02-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcamp (Post 7624358)
The one in the glove box is the one that's used to transfer import/export music.

You're right. I just went back and read the CIC manual. Center console is for playing audio, glove box for importing.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms