Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   What Accessories Did You Get? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701339)

Stitches 06-06-2013 06:34 PM

What Accessories Did You Get?

I'll be officially ordering my X3 at the end of the month, post Ultimate Driving Event. But I have already negotiated the price with the dealer. Yay. Now I must continue to impatiently wait.

So...I started thinking about what accessories I might need. As in cargo liners, floor mats, etc. This will be my first BMW. What comes with the vehicle? And what did you get in addition?

Also, what would you recommend as any first steps related to detailing or anything like that.

Thank you!!

My future vehicle:
xDrive35i
M Sport
Alpine White/Oyster
Fineline Wave/Satin trim
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance
Dynamic Handling
Premium
Tech

WHITEX 06-06-2013 07:21 PM

Congrats on your new X.

Grocery Gripper
Possibly rubber all weather mats F & R
Rubber cargo liner.

mugsy 06-06-2013 07:23 PM

Waiting is the worst part. I'm at around day 11 and wonder if I'll make it till delivery.
I knew nothing about detailing until I signed on the dotted line. Since then I've been all over the net looking for interest tips. The most enjoyable source has been a youtube channel by Junkman... http://www.youtube.com/user/Junkman2000
Cargo liners and laser cut mats would be a good start. If you like gadgets a dash cam is on my wishlist.
Have fun and nice selection!

edbiology 06-06-2013 09:12 PM

Mats and liner you can worry about them later. You can save on installation labor if you have them installed now, like black grille, towing hitch or roof rails.

About car detailing, I recommend do it yourself, everything you need to know is on youtube/internet. I had a toyota before my x3, and I didn't bother to wash it myself. But I discovered that spending time washing my BMW is really an rewarding enjoyment, why pay someone else to do it. Plus, in my opinion no matter how good an auto detailer is, he will never be as careful and thorough as a passionate car owner.

Polishing is taking off a thin layer of your clear coat, I don't ( some people do) think thats needed for a brand new car. I recommend clay bar on day 1 and a good layer of carnauba wax. Wash and wax your car often can have better result than opti-coat.

Liverman 06-06-2013 09:48 PM

Protection (see this post for more)
  • Clear bra
  • Mats/Liners - front, rear, cargo
Haul stuff
  • Base Racks to attach to the rails - I have a canoe
I have a diesel F350 to do the towing and heavy hauling chores.

ponti33609 06-07-2013 03:18 AM

See cold weather package. +1 on a rubber mat or liner for floors and cargo area. Not very expensive. These are quite inexpensive on eBay from dealers.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

pharding 06-07-2013 06:07 AM

Roof base rack and road bike rails, all weather mats. I retrofitted black rails in lieu of the satin silver that came with the car.

ponti33609 06-07-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharding (Post 7636515)
Roof base rack and road bike rails, all weather mats. I retrofitted black rails in lieu of the satin silver that came with the car.

Hi Pharding. Did you get any pics of that

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

GoodScout 06-15-2013 12:30 PM

Just reserved ours yesterday for pick up next Friday. Got Black Saphhire/Black Nevada with wood trim, the Cold Weather Package (we live 10 miles from Canada), the Premium Package, Satin Roof Rails (for skis, natch), Nav system and PDC.

Very excited. My wife and I sold my 328 convertable and her MiniCooper Turbo convertable when we moved from Atlanta to Manhattan three years ago. Will be good to own a car again, especially a Beemer.

ghostdog1108 06-16-2013 04:45 PM

Personally I really liked the HUD when a drove a demo 35i but couldn't pull the trigger on order day @ $1000/ 940 after discount.
The next day I decided to go for it but build had already started 20 hours later.

Of course now I REALLY wish I had it. Staying near the speed limit is VERY difficult with the 35i :p

farg 06-17-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostdog1108 (Post 7655359)
Personally I really liked the HUD when a drove a demo 35i but couldn't pull the trigger on order day @ $1000/ 940 after discount.
The next day I decided to go for it but build had already started 20 hours later.

Of course now I REALLY wish I had it. Staying near the speed limit is VERY difficult with the 35i :p

Much cheaper to buy a V1 and say screw the speed limit (within reason of course)