Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   X3 M-Sport Package Headliner FOPA! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703419)

1kode 06-17-2013 06:53 AM

X3 M-Sport Package Headliner FOPA!

Well I have to say I apsolutely LOVE my 2014 X3 (premium, cold weather and m-sport), but I cannot get over the black headliner with my beige interior. My sales person did not know that the healdiner would be black either. All magaizine photos at the dealership show beige throughout and didn't indicate the M-Sport would be different...or that I can see anyway.

I went to an aftermarket company - to just look at what it would cost to change the headliner and it cannot be completely changed to beige...all handles, roof line, meanting the shade, of course lights/controls and visers would still be black. and the cost starts at around $500 with zero guarantees.

Obviously I'm sick. :( Any suggestions?

Thanks
1kode
(1st timer)

ponti33609 06-17-2013 07:50 AM

I hear you. It would bother me too but I would live with it. I think I read your headliner is actually better in terms of material and appearance but clashes a bit with your scheme. I would live with it for a few reasons. First, it will affect your resale value IMHO. After market quality. How well will they install it. A poor job may bug you more than the color.

Just my random thoughts.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

pharding 06-17-2013 09:44 AM

it would be prohibitively expensive to swap it out with all of the related items that you listed.

lbjgh 06-17-2013 09:57 AM

This is nuts.

The CA should have advised the Anthracite Headliner is standard with the M-Sport... and it is black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1kode (Post 7656056)
Well I have to say I apsolutely LOVE my 2014 X3 (premium, cold weather and m-sport), but I cannot get over the black headliner with my beige interior. My sales person did not know that the healdiner would be black either. All magaizine photos at the dealership show beige throughout and didn't indicate the M-Sport would be different...or that I can see anyway.

I went to an aftermarket company - to just look at what it would cost to change the headliner and it cannot be completely changed to beige...all handles, roof line, meanting the shade, of course lights/controls and visers would still be black. and the cost starts at around $500 with zero guarantees.

Thanks
1kode
(1st timer)

mugsy 06-17-2013 09:59 AM

I feel for you. I just assumed that the headliner and everything would match carpets, etc. I find that the salespeople often do not know a lot of specifics about the vehicles they are selling.

Teemo Panda 06-17-2013 10:00 AM

Just stick with the black headliner, it's virtually maintenance free.

ponti33609 06-17-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbjgh (Post 7656360)
This is nuts.

The CA should have advised the Anthracite Headliner is standard with the M-Sport... and it is black.

Respectfully disagree. :)

There are so many things and to the CA this might not even be an issue. I think it worse not to mention that you can't add roof rails if not ordered, at least reasonably. Not having a spare is another.

I believe we, the consumer needs to know as much as possible when we order a $50+k car and not put too much trust in a salesperson.

lbjgh 06-17-2013 11:36 AM

OK I can see you point but when I was considering the X3 I researched everything including what was included in each package.

As I've stated in other posts I don't feel BMW is a luxury brand as such, BMW doesn't treat buyers the same way a Lexus or MB dealer might.

My buddy is treated much better by his MB dealer than I've ever been treated by BMW.

I ain't slaggin' the car just the Corporate culture at BMW. :eeps:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponti33609 (Post 7656377)

There are so many things and to the CA this might not even be an issue. I think it worse not to mention that you can't add roof rails if not ordered, at least reasonably. Not having a spare is another.

I believe we, the consumer needs to know as much as possible when we order a $50+k car and not put too much trust in a salesperson.

aberrant 06-17-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponti33609 (Post 7656377)

Yup, that's me. I decided against roof rails, as I got the trailer hitch installed for a bike rack and ski/snowboard holder. I'm a bit disappointed still that I don't have the rails, but I actually prefer the look without them.

WHITEX 06-17-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemo Panda (Post 7656370)
Just stick with the black headliner, it's virtually maintenance free.

Ditto. Black stays black.

The X Men 06-18-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1kode (Post 7656056)

Thanks
1kode
(1st timer)

Did you actually ask the CA if your MSport headliner would be beige? If not, then its not really the CA's fault. I would not change the headliner on a brand new car, it might cause more problems such as rattles and fitment issues.

ARX3 07-16-2013 07:24 AM

Historically, the black Alcantara Headliner has always been a desirable M car feature not available on any other 'lower' model. Recently, BMW started pushing black Anthracite Headliners on Sport pckg cars, probably to emulate the M look. This may work great on most color combinations, not so on others. I'm surprised that if your reaction was so strong, you simply didn't refuse delivery. Spending this kind of money on a new car and not being 100% satisfied???

RhoXS 07-17-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbjgh (Post 7656576)

... BMW doesn't treat buyers the same way a Lexus or MB dealer might.

I have to agree having purchased both new and CPOs from both Lexus and BMW.

With respect to the culture of the sales department, Lexus has consistently demonstarted a high level of both sales and service proffessionalism that just does not exist at BMW dealers.

As an example, a few years back I purchased a three year old low mileage CPO RX-300 from a Lexus dealer. The sales process was indistingushable from a new car sales experience. The car was also indistingushable from a new car and was truly in show room perfect condition. A few days ago I purchased a low mileage 2 year old CPO X3 from a BMW dealer. It was an acceptable experience but just not up to the same standards as Lexus. The car was given a good detail job but was certainly not show room perfect, as it should have been. In spite of the CPO checklist the rear windshield wiper was missing and one of the two key fobs was missing. The nav system was still programed with the original owners address book, etc. The dealer is making good on everything but they knew I was coming to get the car for almost a week before I got there (the sale was done over the phone from 250 miles away).

That being said, I hate the Lexus weve currently have (RX350) and will probably not buy another Lexus. It handles like crap and the nav system is not usable when the car is in motion. BMWs are such a pleasure to drive I accept the BS typical at most BMW dealers and will continue to so. BMW is like Apple. If there products were not so outstanding I would not tolerate their lack of customer respect and not buy their products. However, their products are just so good I continue to be a customer.