Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   iPhone Bluetooth Audio (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704156)

vzx 06-20-2013 03:40 PM

iPhone Bluetooth Audio

I have the 2014 X3 with tech package but without premium sound. Just curious if I can stream audio from my iPhone 5 using bluetooth. I have tried using the USB connection and it works great. For some reason, I haven't been able to stream via bluetooth. I can make calls, etc fine.

Maybe I missed the fine details while ordering the car. Honestly, its not a big deal but I'd still like to know whether this is a premium sound feature or AM I missing some setting here?

Masterx5 06-20-2013 05:23 PM

Connect iPhone for audio listening. It only connects for calls. There should be option. I am sure 2014 uses combox. Go to external devices on I drive and you should see your phone listed there and enable the audio part on it. I think the moment you connect the USB the audio is lost ( don't why it was done like that- please somebody correct me on this )

Toast. 06-20-2013 07:22 PM

Need to connect phone then enable streaming via connections. Correct once USB is plugged in you need to enable Bluetooth audio again.
I am able to stream spotify but without media art. Also set it to random to be able to skip songs using X3 controls.

FomerZ3NowX3 06-20-2013 07:30 PM

iPhone Bluetooth Audio

On my 2013 2.8 once I connected my iPhone 5 via USB, the Bluetooth audio was disabled for that device and I could not reenable it without deleting the phone and re-adding it. The USB connection opens up more options for control and allows more info tho be displayed on my NAV screen. It also keeps my battery charged.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

vzx 06-22-2013 09:56 AM

iPhone Bluetooth Audio

I think I fixed the problem. Had to enable audio in Bluetooth connections. Watched a YouTube video to get it right. My CA had initially set up the Bluetooth at the time of delivery and I did not have a chance to fiddle with it until this week.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Toast. 06-22-2013 03:06 PM

That sounds right.
The problem I have is that whenever I plug the USB to charge me iPhone 5 it disables my Bluetooth audio.

Jimsan 06-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toast. (Post 7667125)
That sounds right.
The problem I have is that whenever I plug the USB to charge me iPhone 5 it disables my Bluetooth audio.

I too used a YouTube video to connect my iPhone 4S via Bluetooth for Spotify. Can't use the nav screen as I would like. If you need power use the 12V socket and not the USB.

Masterx5 06-22-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toast. (Post 7667125)
That sounds right.

I think this is the problem everyone has with this USB ... Quite annoying though. Any thing on code list that can be modified for this crap.

Jimsan 06-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toast. (Post 7664034)
Need to connect phone then enable streaming via connections. Correct once USB is plugged in you need to enable Bluetooth audio again.
I am able to stream spotify but without media art. Also set it to random to be able to skip songs using X3 controls.

I'm finding that to stream Spotify via Bluetooth really drains the iPhone battery fast. It would be great to have a Spotify app for the iPhone but that may be unlikely to happen.