Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Please give me you input on pricing (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704827)

bwomp 06-24-2013 09:55 AM

Please give me you input on pricing

Hi,

As its the end of the month/quarter, im hoping to get as good of a deal on a BMW as possible.

Based on the items below, what would be a good deal? Am I out of line thinking I could get the car below invoice?

X3 28i
Driver Assist
Premium Package
Heated Front Seats
Nav Package

Total MSRP: $47,325

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Ben

edbiology 06-24-2013 11:10 AM

Print this page and show to the dealer http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/bmw/x3-pricing/
Ask them if there are people paying 7 to 8% off MSRP, why can't they do the same. I was aiming to get 8% off a custom order, but was talked into buying off the lot ( the options were quite similar). They gave me 9% off. It was also end of quarter/month.

The X Men 06-24-2013 12:19 PM

If you can find a 2013 left over on the lot with those options, you might be able to get it at a bit below invoice, but if you are looking at a 2014, forget it.

Teemo Panda 06-24-2013 12:39 PM

Don't forget to get the lightning package or else you are going to regret it!

Btw, it's a nice deal IMO~

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

bwomp 06-24-2013 06:15 PM

what is it about the xenon lighting package you think is so great? Im not very familiar with it.

mightima 06-24-2013 06:33 PM

It's how your x looked by other people outside of your viehcle, like xenon (blue-ish headlight), angel ring (DRL). Well xenon might help your vision a bit over the conventional halogen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwomp (Post 7670845)
what is it about the xenon lighting package you think is so great? Im not very familiar with it.

ND_VA 06-24-2013 06:35 PM

TrueCar only gives you prices that people are paying for a specific make/model car, then suggests a "good" number based on the median. It makes money from generating leads and converting those leads into customers.

Visit Edmunds.com and calculate the "invoice" price of your vehicle with options. That's where you should start the negotiating. That's not the true cost of the car for the dealer. Aim for 5%-8% below "invoice."

ironfan 06-24-2013 07:30 PM

Actually go to bmwconfig.com and get the invoice pricing from there.

As for the Xenons, they do make a big difference for night driving and I would recommend them to anyone.

edbiology 06-24-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND_VA (Post 7670881)
TrueCar only gives you prices that people are paying for a specific make/model car, then suggests a "good" number based on the median. It makes money from generating leads and converting those leads into customers.

Visit Edmunds.com and calculate the "invoice" price of your vehicle with options. That's where you should start the negotiating. That's not the true cost of the car for the dealer. Aim for 5%-8% below "invoice."

Invoice for X3 is about 7% off MSRP. You said 5% to 8% below invoice, that then is 12~15% off MSRP. That's not possible without BMW incentive or military discount.

Snowman73 06-25-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironfan (Post 7670979)
Actually go to bmwconfig.com and get the invoice pricing from there.

As for the Xenons, they do make a big difference for night driving and I would recommend them to anyone.

Yes - I have had xenons in the past and I didn't have on my last BMW (330d SE). Got them this time and wow! Absolutely amazing at night - and they are VERY cool during the day with the LED angel eyes. Plus you get the LED strips on the back lights as well.

IMHO the standard lights cheapen the whole look of the car.

Pricing for me (in UK) total cost of car including maintenance $72k - after dealer discount - $65 or 42.5k I could have got more if I financed the car, but I paid cash.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars

WHITEX 06-25-2013 10:22 AM

Your best guide is comparative shopping. Email different dealers. I got my 2014 at 6.5%.
I think 5-7% is the area. On a 2013 off the lot I would tell them what you have in mind and try to get close.

jsublime 06-25-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbiology (Post 7670984)
Invoice for X3 is about 7% off MSRP. You said 5% to 8% below invoice, that then is 12~15% off MSRP. That's not possible without BMW incentive or military discount.

Yup, 8% off and then another 8% off is ED pricing. Not gonna happen on a vehicle built in the states, unless you get very lucky with a car that is sitting on a lot.

Stitches 06-25-2013 08:32 PM

Are you familiar with the Ultimate Driving Event? Attending will earn you a discount of $1000 on a new vehicle. I'm near Cleveland and going to the event on Friday. Hopefully getting my X3 on Sunday. :) What part of Ohio are you from?