Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Positive Comments (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705858)

Popoemt 06-29-2013 10:22 AM

Positive Comments
 
So, having owned some nice corvettes in the past, I have never gotten as many good reactions and positive comments from people, than I do with my 7. I was at Peet's yesterday and had a guy randomly walk up to me and tell me how gorgeous the car was, how it was his "dream" car, and he asked me some random facts about it.

Just curious if anyone else has these positive experiences? Mine typically happen when I'm filling her up with gas (maybe I'm more of a captive audience at that point?? :D )

I'd also be curious if Deutsch gets any comments on his Rolls?

V/r, Tim

ajdoha234 06-29-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoemt (Post 7680741)
So, having owned some nice corvettes in the past, I have never gotten as many good reactions and positive comments from people, than I do with my 7. I was at Peet's yesterday and had a guy randomly walk up to me and tell me how gorgeous the car was, how it was his "dream" car, and he asked me some random facts about it.

Just curious if anyone else has these positive experiences? Mine typically happen when I'm filling her up with gas (maybe I'm more of a captive audience at that point?? :D )

I'd also be curious if Deutsch gets any comments on his Rolls?

V/r, Tim

I looked at your old threads and never saw any pictures of your ride. Did I miss a thread?

Popoemt 06-29-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdoha234 (Post 7680780)
I looked at your old threads and never saw any pictures of your ride. Did I miss a thread?

You didn't, I can post some crappy iPhone pics in a few, I'm sitting in the same Peet's right now typing away on my laptop...

raqautle 06-29-2013 11:05 AM

Positive Comments
 
My neighbor said that she's so jealous that we drive her dream cars

Keepittrill 06-29-2013 11:16 AM

Positive Comments
 
A kid at school who drove his mothers Scion TC called my car a "chick car"...I just laughed. And laughed. And laughed some more.

Whoops, that's a negative comment ;P

I had a kid about my age in a truck give me a thumbs up one time. Someone at at the Scottsdale Pavillions said "That's a cool looking car." when I drove by.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

M4XBMW7 06-29-2013 12:01 PM

Same here when I'm pumping gas, usually hear "Nice car" lately I heard it twice a gas station from a gentleman at the next pump "ONE DAY" and he was driving what it looked like to be a 02-05 330i . Told him you got a nice bimmer, he response was I "want a plane like that" lol

light1 06-29-2013 12:09 PM

Lol^!

Yes @ always, thinking of de-badging it for less attention

PREDATOR 007 06-29-2013 01:18 PM

I had one guy mistakenly ask me if mine was the new Chrysler 300. I gave him the puzzled look like are you really that stupid.

Now my motorcycle is a real attention whore. Almost every time I stop somewhere, someone will comment on it.


http://www.furyforums.com/forum/memb...100-4893-1.jpg

Popoemt 06-29-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard109 (Post 7681057)
Now my motorcycle is a real attention whore. Almost every time I stop somewhere, someone will comment on it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/memb...100-4893-1.jpg

That color blue is sick...!

wjhughes420384 06-29-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keepittrill (Post 7680844)
A kid at school who drove his mothers Scion TC called my car a "chick car"...I just laughed. And laughed. And laughed some more.

Whoops, that's a negative comment ;P

I had a kid about my age in a truck give me a thumbs up one time. Someone at at the Scottsdale Pavillions said "That's a cool looking car." when I drove by.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

my signature pic is from a BMW high performance driving event, I was running down corvettes, 3's and Porsche's. It is far from a chic car. there was a z06 and an m3 that could run me down, but this thing is shockingly good on a road course!

Keepittrill 06-29-2013 03:33 PM

Positive Comments
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wjhughes420384 (Post 7681189)
my signature pic is from a BMW high performance driving event, I was running down corvettes, 3's and Porsche's. It is far from a chic car. there was a z06 and an m3 that could run me down, but this thing is shockingly good on a road course!

:thumbsup: Yeah, the only car out there that could be called a chick car would be a Beetle :P.

Someone thought a 7 series was a Chrysler 300?!? Oh lawdy lawdy


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

wjhughes420384 06-29-2013 03:51 PM

a Chrysler 300!!! its hardly worth responding to that,
I had one guy who was easily in his 50's point to my car and tell me that is what he was going to buy when he grew up

dolfan13 06-29-2013 03:59 PM

With the Vette thing ,pull up in a 1963 split window .I love Bimmers but no one will even see the BMW.

wjhughes420384 06-29-2013 04:03 PM

there are a lot of classics that might get more attention. you might need to put a big wing on the back of your car from a datonna charger 500. Then you might get the attention, not sure about positive comments, but attention none the less

jeffnin 06-29-2013 04:30 PM

My neighbor made me roll down my window to tell me that my car was absolutely gorgeous. On another note, I had two older ladies walk up to my 7 at the grocery store mistakenly thinking that it was their car which was a Chevy Impala. Needless to say, I was humbled very quickly.

PREDATOR 007 06-29-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnin (Post 7681331)
My neighbor made me roll down my window to tell me that my car was absolutely gorgeous. On another note, I had two older ladies walk up to my 7 at the grocery store mistakenly thinking that it was their car which was a Chevy Impala. Needless to say, I was humbled very quickly.

+1 I know the feeling. :thumbup:

light1 06-29-2013 05:03 PM

I get stare downs from chicks, must be me, NoT!

KingTrack 06-29-2013 06:23 PM

Ive had people pull up next to me at red lights and try to talk to me about how much they like the car which can be a bit awkward yelling across the car haha. The weirdest thing was probably on the highway a few weeks ago, I was driving and pass this ford station wagon, I get a ways ahead and see in my rear view him flooring it so I'm thinking its somebody wanting a race or something haha. Anyways he pulls up next to me gives me the thumbs up and waves lol. I assume the thumbs up was for the car... lol

rajeek 06-29-2013 11:03 PM

Frequently get comments on the car. It's rare to see a blacked out 7, so mine really gets noticed it seems. Nice to have almost 100% track record for getting the front valet spots. :)

PREDATOR 007 06-30-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeek (Post 7681779)
Frequently get comments on the car. It's rare to see a blacked out 7, so mine really gets noticed it seems. Nice to have almost 100% track record for getting the front valet spots. :)

Love your ride man. I am also thinking of putting on a blacked out grill. Did you do it yourself and any idea on cost? I would love to find one somewhere besides BMW, but thats not likely.

rajeek 06-30-2013 08:59 AM

Thanks! They do make the grill in flat black from outside sources. However I have nightvision so the grill is different and no one makes an all black version. That means it had to come off and be painted net black to match perfectly. U I drove around grill-less for a few days while it was being done. I assume the story will be the same for the new LCI nightvision grill you will be getting.

dagoo98 06-30-2013 09:30 AM

In the gas station yesterday with my girlfriend who drives a 2013 535 m sport and first the guy says he loves my car and he's looking to get one and asks me all these questions. Then my girlfriend shouts from the next pump asking me a question and he's like.........you guys are together? I tell him it's my girlfriend and he's like you're on another level......LOL

bighorns 06-30-2013 09:56 AM

I get lots of thumbs up from young guys when I'm rolling down the blvd. in town. Once at a gas station, 2 guys in a beater red Pontiac convertible at the other side of my pump were eyeing the car, when the driver says, "Hey, would you be willing to trade that for a Ferrari?" I was LOL! :thumbup:

htn 06-30-2013 08:16 PM

My clients love my 7 when I pick them up.
A lady at gas station can't stop saying how much se likes the car over her new E550 coupe. Next thing I knew she was sitting in my passenger seat while I was pumping gas. LOL

Keepittrill 06-30-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htn (Post 7683131)
My clients love my 7 when I pick them up.
A lady at gas station can't stop saying how much se likes the car over her new E550 coupe. Next thing I knew she was sitting in my passenger seat while I was pumping gas. LOL

So did you hit that?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms