Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   X3 2.5......White or Silver? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73063)

anjony 09-24-2004 04:58 PM

X3 2.5......White or Silver?

I am getting close to leasing an 04 X3.....I am getting a good deal on it so basically my choice off the lot is just white or silver. We really prefer the Grey but thats not an option right now.

I have a silver 325i now....but for some reason, not too excited with Silver X3....White? never had a white car.

I know its a personal opinion...but comments from White or Silver X3 owners please?thanks

Kaz 09-24-2004 05:02 PM

Don't you think those who have them will make positive comments?

I have a white E46 but think the X3 looks FAR better in dark colors. I think it makes the all of that dark grey plastic stuff look less obvious.

Emission 09-24-2004 05:06 PM

Unless you are getting a KILLER DEAL, hold out for the color you like. You'll have this car for years and each time you see a Grey X3 you will be pissed. Trust me.

bhatnsa 09-24-2004 05:22 PM

I can no more agree. X3 looks great in Jet Black. Next best would be Black Sapphire ..but why pay extra money when there is not much difference between Jet Black and Black Sapphire. Unless the bumpers are of body color, I will stay with Black.

b-y 09-24-2004 06:50 PM

Color--pros & cons

You could try to be objective: the white is non-metalic so it will be easy to repair. But all whites are different and not "pure colors" like the old non-metalic blacks, so there is still a color-match problem. The silver will show light dirt and dust a LOT less than the white (or the black or other dark colors). I lined up the silver, bluewater, and titanium up in a row, and the bluewater was clearly the best and richest of the bunch. (Oops, that was not as objective as the first comments. Guess which color I have.) So... my suggestion is to get a print-out of all the cars equipped as you like that are in the region, pick one and, if necessary, offer an extra $300 or so to cover the swap with another dealer. You'll be much happier in the long run.

eelnoraa 09-24-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emission
Unless you are getting a KILLER DEAL, hold out for the color you like. You'll have this car for years and each time you see a Grey X3 you will be pissed. Trust me.

I couldn't agree with Emission more.

Unless you are getting an extremely good deal, don't compromise. It is a lot of money you have to pay for a car, so get what you want, color, options .... otherwise, you will only regret later.

eel

xspeedy 09-25-2004 04:16 AM

Go with your gut and don't change your mind once you do.

jhwe46 09-25-2004 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xspeedy
Go with your gut and don't change your mind once you do.

What he said...

My first choice was gray silver, second was titanium silver. Went with Titanium because it had all of the options I wanted.

anjony 09-25-2004 11:18 AM

Good news for me....my dealer was able to find a silver gray X3....and because he had already committed the numbers for me....i got an extra of option of heated seats at no change in my lease amount

Thanks for all the response and suggestions.

xspeedy 09-25-2004 01:56 PM

Cool! I think SG looks great on the X3.

dlflyboy 09-26-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjony
I am getting close to leasing an 04 X3.....I am getting a good deal on it so basically my choice off the lot is just white or silver. We really prefer the Grey but thats not an option right now.

I have a silver 325i now....but for some reason, not too excited with Silver X3....White? never had a white car.

I know its a personal opinion...but comments from White or Silver X3 owners please?thanks

I have the silver gray (and I love it). If I had to choose between the silver or white...I'd take the silver. I use to have a white car. I hated seeing the bug guts on the front. I will not own another white vehicle.

LeucX3 09-27-2004 08:16 AM

My first choice would have been Red, but they didn't have any on the lot spec'ed out the way i wanted, so i got Ti Ag. I'm happy, just so long as it wasn't black...for me, color wasn't that big a deal. Plus i didn't want to wait to order a car. But then again it's only beeen 5 months, so i'll have to wait and see how i feel in three years (which if i have this car that long it'll be a record.)

As far as silver or white, i'd go with white only because i have silver. I still like silver, but i like white a lot too.

sithjedi333 09-27-2004 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emission

What he said. Otherwise I would go with silver unless you're a female. Then white.