Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   BMW to lose 2013 U.S. luxury sales crown but still #1 in global sales (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741422)

The X Men 12-16-2013 11:03 AM

BMW to lose 2013 U.S. luxury sales crown but still #1 in global sales

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/73953...r-sales-title/

"The race for the title of top-selling luxury car maker in the US has reached its final month. Mercedes-Benz is still holding on to the lead over BMW going into the final push."

"However, even if BMW fails to pull ahead of Mercedes in the U.S., they are still on track to keep their No.1 spot as a luxury car maker globally. "

NoI4plz 12-16-2013 11:07 AM

BMW can thank lack of normal discounts we saw last year and CLA.....

The X Men 12-16-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoI4plz (Post 8018303)
BMW can thank lack of normal discounts we saw last year and CLA.....

Mercedes have always discounted deeply in the US. I remember when I was shopping for a new car and the Mercedes dealer gave me a $5000 discount off a E350 without me saying a word. I bet if I really negociate, I could have gotten close to $10K off.
The X3 have never been deeply discounted by BMW, what was the holiday bouns last year?

NoI4plz 12-16-2013 09:21 PM

X3 isn`t the only vehicle made by BMW, so basing the discounts achieved on that and BMW's sales crown loss to mercedes isn`t a valid argument. If you scour the Ask-a-dealer section it was really a good year to buy the 5,6 series last decemeber. This year not soo much, but that too is also because 5 went thru a recent LCI.

The CLA raked in 2,300 orders the first launch week. It then solely accounted for the 14% increase in sales for MB for the month of Nov. Finally CLA sales have been so great, there's a shortage of allocations at the plant that`s suppose to last till late summer....BTW sales are at MSRP or 1% below.

Mercedes has got the crown. Audi might have something withits A3 sedan. BMW still not there yet.

The X Men 12-17-2013 07:35 AM

I do agree on the 5 series, discount from the F10 is down about 50% from last Dec. Overall, most of new models have increase in price and not just in the MSRP but hidden cost that are build into the line concept. I price out a LCI 5 series and all the lines have some options I do not want, if I order no line and add options, the cost is about $2000 more than my 2012. Lets just hope the 2015 LCI X3 will not introduce the lines, but somehow I think it will.
As for the CLA, its a nice looking car but I could not believe how cheap the interior material was. It sort of remind me of the last gen C-class. Once you load up a CLA, it can easily cost in the high $40Ks.

NoI4plz 12-18-2013 10:42 AM

I think the F25 is heading towards Lines as well, since its much more profitable for BMW. However The CLA could have cheap interior quality, look like the last gen C-class, but its a HIT lol.

The X Men 12-18-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoI4plz (Post 8022754)
I think the F25 is heading towards Lines as well, since its much more profitable for BMW. However The CLA could have cheap interior quality, look like the last gen C-class, but its a HIT lol.

If anyone is in the market for a new X3, the smart bet would be to buy one before the LCI when BMW will introduce the lines which adds thousands to the price tag.
No doubt the CLA will be a hit, the silhouette on the car is simply beautiful. Hopefully Mercedes will improve the interior material like they did with the C-class.

Pat_X5 12-18-2013 11:33 AM

The MBZ E class lease promo is amazing now - that's a deal!

The X Men 12-18-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat_X5 (Post 8022862)
The MBZ E class lease promo is amazing now - that's a deal!

Mercedes is partically giving their cars away now, they are the new high volume discounter of the luxury segment :) To be honest, Mercedes would have to pay me to drive around in that ugly new E-class :)

Pat_X5 12-18-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The X Men (Post 8022960)
Mercedes is partically giving their cars away now, they are the new high volume discounter of the luxury segment :) To be honest, Mercedes would have to pay me to drive around in that ugly new E-class :)

:thumbup:
Yes that is correct - I have never seen such an aggressive discounting on the E Class this past month.

It's funny I was looking at them before I went back to BMW because the steering was so awful back then -not now with the new software update - actually looked seriously at the E350 diesel but in the summer they were giving $3K off MSRP of $72K which was not a deal. Now the same car can be had for $12K off MSRP which makes it more reasonable.

Guess MBZ will be taking the crown ...

The X Men 12-18-2013 02:23 PM

I bet you might be able to do a little better than $12K off a $72K E-class. I remember last year when I was shopping for a car, the Mercedes dealer offer me $5000 off right after my test drive without me saying a word. I bet I could have easily gotten $10K off a E-class. Mercedes might be cheaper to buy, but the resale value is usually not as good as BMW and Audi.