Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mission Accomplished (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84504)

BillKach 01-17-2005 07:16 AM

Mission Accomplished
 
2 Attachment(s)
My 2 day ED trip is almost over already. Arrived yesterday afternoon, drove all day today, just dropped off at Harms, flying back in the morning.

Meet my new baby:

Alex Baumann 01-17-2005 07:26 AM

Holy Moly ! The color is stunning ! :yikes:

BillKach 01-17-2005 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
Holy Moly ! The color is stunning ! :yikes:

I was really pleasantly surprised with the color (having never seen it in person). Atlantic Blue is a 6er only color and I ordered on faith. I really love it! It looks gorgeous in the sun! :bigpimp:

beewang 01-17-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillKach
I was really pleasantly surprised with the color (having never seen it in person). Atlantic Blue is a 6er only color and I ordered on faith. I really love it! It looks gorgeous in the sun! :bigpimp:

Excellent color Bill :thumbup: I love it!!

So the weather looks nice and dry in Munich aye??!! ;) What the heck is going on here??!! :dunno:

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

BillKach 01-17-2005 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beewang
Excellent color Bill :thumbup: I love it!!

So the weather looks nice and dry in Munich aye??!! ;) What the heck is going on here??!! :dunno:

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

Thanks bee :)
Yeah, it started out really cold this morning, car said 25 degrees but by the time I dropped off it was over 40. Most important is that the roads were dry, no rain or snow at all. Nothing much is new with ED except that the entrance gate is broken (the gate where you used to ring the buzzer doesn't work so you go to the other entrance on the other side of the shack at the gate). I took the U-bahn this time ... the directions from this site were perfect. And of course, thanks for the Nav disk, worked like a charm, don't know how I managed without last time.

schreck 01-17-2005 09:21 AM

That truly is a beautiful color! Do you have any pictures of the interior? I've always loved the styling of the 6, hope you enjoyed your few days in Germany!

Thanks,
Alex

e36M3r 01-17-2005 11:15 AM

Congrats. Yes, I was anxiously noting the good weather. Hope it's that way in March! Hey Beewang nice seeing you yesterday!! Thanks for everything.

BillKach 01-17-2005 12:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the interior pics I have, sorry they aren't that great...

One more thing that was new to me... I'm surprised I've never seen it mentioned here that there is a car wash right near Harms in Munich. (Maybe its new) I found it very convenient to wash off the road salt before dropping off. Certainly did a better job than hotel towels! The car wash is at the Aral gas station. If you're going west on B471 from the A9, the Aral is just past Robert-Bosch Strasse.

OnOn 01-17-2005 02:19 PM

Love the color as well.....looks very close/identical (?) to my '96 Atlanta Blue Z3 (which will be making room for a new 530 via ED in May).

Cheers,

OnOn

BillKach 01-17-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnOn
Love the color as well.....looks very close/identical (?) to my '96 Atlanta Blue Z3 (which will be making room for a new 530 via ED in May).

Cheers,

OnOn

Thanks! To me it seems a little darker and deeper than Atlanta Blue.

Alex Baumann 01-17-2005 02:29 PM

Bill, what interior trim is that ? Ruthenium ?

BillKach 01-17-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
Bill, what interior trim is that ? Ruthenium ?

yes, I think the metallic trim looks better than wood on a coupe like this. especially with SMG.

Alex Baumann 01-17-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillKach
yes, I think the metallic trim looks better than wood on a coupe like this. especially with SMG.

Looking veeeery good :thumbup:

Agreed, good choice with the metallic.

branie555 01-17-2005 06:48 PM

We lucked out in Germany the 1st week of 2005 with great weather, no snow, little rain, temps in the upper 30's to the low 50's. Only regret is that the we didn't have another week (or two or three or four..)! :bigpimp:

JAWJr 01-17-2005 08:36 PM

Looks beautiful! I love that blue you chose- very unique. It'll look great back here in Sun Diego. Have a safe trip back.

~Jon

MarcusSDCA 01-17-2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillKach
My 2 day ED trip is almost over already. Arrived yesterday afternoon, drove all day today, just dropped off at Harms, flying back in the morning.

Meet my new baby:

Congrats Bill....it's fab-blue-lous. :thumbup:

BillKach 03-07-2005 06:48 PM

Redelivery
 
Finally reunited with my new baby today. Redelivery is the greatest feeling!
Here's the timetable in case anyone is curious:

Dropped off in Munich 1/18
Ship departed Bremerhaven 1/28
Ship arrived Port Hueneme 2/26
Car arrived at dealer 3/6
Redelivery 3/7

7 weeks- not bad :)
:drive:

fishskis 03-07-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillKach
Finally reunited with my new baby today. Redelivery is the greatest feeling!
Here's the timetable in case anyone is curious:

Dropped off in Munich 1/18
Ship departed Bremerhaven 1/28
Ship arrived Port Hueneme 2/26
Car arrived at dealer 3/6
Redelivery 3/7

7 weeks- not bad :)
:drive:

Wow, that must've been a long seven weeks.

It looks like there was a 10 day gap between drop off and shipping; I wonder what is the longest this gap can be?

I am leaving next month for mine, and I am dreading the time between dropoff and redelivery. Although on the flip side, it's almost like getting a new car twice.

Congratulations!

e36M3r 03-07-2005 10:48 PM

Thats excellent. My first ED took 10 weeks and was at the VPC for 2 weeks getting the mirrors painted. However 7 weeks seems very good, and the only time saving may be in the drop off to on boat portion, otherwise it really moved along. I'm encouraged! :thumbup:

vern 03-08-2005 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillKach
Finally reunited with my new baby today. Redelivery is the greatest feeling!
Here's the timetable in case anyone is curious:

Dropped off in Munich 1/18
Ship departed Bremerhaven 1/28
Ship arrived Port Hueneme 2/26
Car arrived at dealer 3/6
Redelivery 3/7

7 weeks- not bad :)
:drive:

Bill was your car,very very nice,on the OTELLO?Mine was.Munich drop off 1/19 VPC Port NEAT,NJ 2/9 Redelievery JMK BMW 2/22
Good luck,enjoy
vern

yamilrx 03-08-2005 07:27 AM

Congrats Bill, that seemed like a long time. I am hoping 6weeks or less for the east coast. Enjoy the new wheels. Very nice. :thumbup:

BillKach 03-08-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vern
Bill was your car,very very nice,on the OTELLO?
vern

Thanks for the compliments guys - I'm really loving the car!

Vern- mine was on the GRUS.

SRT Viper 03-09-2005 09:07 AM

Congratulations Bill....enjoy the car.
My car still shows as awaiting transport on the OC. I sent Harms 2 emails and have not received word if it has shipped and my dealer has given me no information!! I dropped it off almost 3 weeks ago so I'm hoping this is just a communications snag.

Uncle Fester 03-09-2005 09:28 AM

Looks fantastic - maybe one day...

Anyway, can't wait to pick up mine, but I'm NOT looking forward to the shipping delay :cry:

Bubbles 03-16-2005 09:28 AM

Does the 750li have this same color, atlantic blue? Or same color, different name?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms