Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Finally, it will be mine (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84621)

indyzhp 01-18-2005 05:20 AM

Finally, it will be mine - Pics now!

After 10+ years of waiting, dreaming, plotting and crunching numbers, I will be taking delivery of my first BMW this Saturday.

2k5 330i Silver Gray, ZHP, ZCW, Xenon, black cube

yes, it is yet another Silver Gray and yes, another ZHP, but I had to get an E46 since I don't see the E90 becoming available with a "Drivers Cockpit" package. I also had to get the E46 since I did a student exchange worker program in 98 at the plant in Munich working on some of the first E46's, so I've got an emotional connection.

Anyway, I look forward to being an official part of the club instead of an outsider.

Now, I'm fervantly searching for some snow tires/wheels so I can make it through the winter. Anyone selling some AT Italia Type 5's?

:D

olmy 01-18-2005 05:37 AM

Congrats!

Nice choice! Did you consider European Delivery at all? It was a great experience and I will consider purchasing all future BMWs this way.

Sorry about the Colts; I really thought this was their year.

drewcwsj 01-18-2005 05:50 AM

Selling snows

I've got four 16" AT Italia Types 5s with Dunlop winterports on them that were used two winters. They work on my 330i but I am not sure they will work on a ZHP. I decided to go with all seasons on my stock 17" wheels this winter.

drewcwsj 01-18-2005 05:51 AM

Oh and I'm in Chicago

Artslinger 01-18-2005 06:18 AM

Congrats... and get snows ASAP.

indyzhp 01-18-2005 06:34 AM

Euro Delivery

I didn't consider Euro Delivery for this car as my schedule (and kids) wouldn't allow me to do something like that for this car. I originally wanted to do Performance Center delivery, but with a car on the lot and deadlines approaching, I had to act when I did. Maybe when I'm in Concord NC sometime this year, I'll extend the trip to include a drivers school at the Performance Center.

As far as the Colts go, it's sad to say, they've got the talent, but they just don't have the endurance or mindset for playoff's. I kind of expected the "underdog" to win that game. Same thing seems to apply to my beloved Boilermakers.

indyzhp 01-19-2005 04:40 AM

PM sent

drewcwsj

I sent you a PM

kyle5574 01-19-2005 07:42 AM

Congratulations! Maybe I'll see you around :thumbup:

indyzhp 01-19-2005 08:16 AM

Yea, cool.

Where in Indy are you?

I work in the Park 100 area and live in Fishers.

wheel-man 01-19-2005 08:19 AM

congrats on the car... you'll love it.

and better get snow shoes ASAP... as well as get something to weight down the back...

makes a HUGE difference in traction.

shizat63 01-19-2005 09:41 AM

Sweet ride :thumbup: Congrats!

I drove my old 325 with sport tires through 2 bad winters :eeps: If I didn't have a manual gearbox I would have wrecked it each time.

FenPhen 01-21-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyzhp
2k5 330i Silver Gray, ZHP, ZCW, Xenon, black cube

:clap: :eeps:

indyzhp 01-24-2005 04:59 AM

Picked up the car Saturday

2 Attachment(s)
I picked up the car Saturday from the BMW Store in Cincinnati. I had some snow tires/wheels shipped directly to them (17" Blizzak LM25's on Fox 6's) and they were nice enough to install them on the car so I wouldn't have to wait. Adam Metz was my salesman and he was great. While we were filling out the paperwork for the financing, he loaded our luggage and the stock 18's in the car for us.

Anyway, I'm just a tad dissappointed because the wife was getting a little car sick driving back (she said it is just way too stiff, no comments from the peanut gallery please ;) ) Once we got onto smoother roads it helped. I'm also blaming it partly on my choppy shifting with the CDV. I'm getting used to it. I've only been driving VW's since forever. Almost 400 miles on it already, so I'm driving it any chance I get. I love the car more each time I drive it.

Mod's maybe: clear bra (need to find a place in Indy), tinting (to keep the sun out of my daughters eyes), CDV removal? Trade out my 135's for some M3 18's (not to make the car look like an M3, but because I love the look of those wheels) I need to keep it light though, My wife still doesn't understand spending Xthousand dollars on a car and still needing to buy another set of wheels.

Better get back to work (since I've used up so much company time to research the purchase :eeps:

kyle5574 01-24-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

I work in the Park 100 area and live in Fishers.

Nice car! And those are pretty good looking wheels just for snow tires. :thumbup:

I work on the far east side and live on the north east side near Castleton.

wag-zhp 01-24-2005 10:10 AM

Very nice. Congrats :thumbup:

jetstream23 01-24-2005 12:02 PM

Congratulations, I like the color. I took delivery of my ZHP on Saturday as well.

Nice, isn't it? :D

equ 01-25-2005 05:36 PM

Great choice, enjoy!

Don't forget the clutch stop. In some ways as important as CDV removal and much easier.. I've done both.

P.S. I have the same wheels (w/ Dunlop M3's) as my winter setup. They look great for inexpensive wheels and ride smoother than the summer setup... So perhaps more complaints on the way for you.

olmy 01-25-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Anyway, I'm just a tad dissappointed because the wife was getting a little car sick driving back (she said it is just way too stiff, no comments from the peanut gallery please ;) ) :eeps:

One of the reasons for buying this car for me is the fantastic ride quality. Summer tires/snow tires it doesn't matter; there is just something magical about BMW suspension tuning. Without a doubt, this is the best riding car I've ever owned.

I test drove a Type-S CL a few years back and that thing felt like it had its shocks/struts replaced with concrete blocks. No thanks!

roberttbmw 01-25-2005 11:31 PM

Dan Marino never won a superbowl, Manning may (I hate to say that) follow the same road.

Sorry about the Colts; I really thought this was their year.[/QUOTE]

indyzhp 01-26-2005 05:09 AM

I can't get enough of this car. I think my wife is getting used to the stiffness of the ride. I just love the balance. IMO the car really isn't too stiff, the platform from the springs is just about right, and the damping I would say is perfect. Let's hope my wife gets used to the ride before I put the summers on. Fortunately, she and the kids aren't in the car 90% of the time anyway, so it is almost a moot point. I j ust had to mention it.

Clutch stop: Yes. Probably before the CDV due to its ease of installation

Colts: Out of mind. onward toward the racing season.

pjsatz 01-27-2005 12:26 PM

What is CDV removal?

What is CDV removal and how does the clutch stop help? I'm also looking at 3 series manuals as I've always driven manuals but am considering automatics also because of the rough shifting with these cars.

Thanks

Quote:

I picked up the car Saturday from the BMW Store in Cincinnati. I had some snow tires/wheels shipped directly to them (17" Blizzak LM25's on Fox 6's) and they were nice enough to install them on the car so I wouldn't have to wait. Adam Metz was my salesman and he was great. While we were filling out the paperwork for the financing, he loaded our luggage and the stock 18's in the car for us.

Anyway, I'm just a tad dissappointed because the wife was getting a little car sick driving back (she said it is just way too stiff, no comments from the peanut gallery please ;) ) Once we got onto smoother roads it helped. I'm also blaming it partly on my choppy shifting with the CDV. I'm getting used to it. I've only been driving VW's since forever. Almost 400 miles on it already, so I'm driving it any chance I get. I love the car more each time I drive it.

Mod's maybe: clear bra (need to find a place in Indy), tinting (to keep the sun out of my daughters eyes), CDV removal? Trade out my 135's for some M3 18's (not to make the car look like an M3, but because I love the look of those wheels) I need to keep it light though, My wife still doesn't understand spending Xthousand dollars on a car and still needing to buy another set of wheels.

Better get back to work (since I've used up so much company time to research the purchase :eeps: