Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask-A-Dealer (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   South Bay Bmw (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8508)

mzn2000 06-21-2002 12:46 PM

South Bay Bmw
 
i am buying an m3 from south bay bmw (previously vasek polak). i already have $1,000 down. i was wondering, has anybody ever had problems with this dealership? comments / suggestions requested! :)

mzn2000 06-21-2002 03:08 PM

...
 
i like how nobody freaking replies :banghead:

Kaz 06-21-2002 03:16 PM

Maybe nobody here's dealt with em???

SONET 06-21-2002 03:18 PM

Have some patience! It's Friday, which is always a slow day here (as are the weekends). If you don't get a reply today, you will probably get one by Monday if anyone here has dealt with them.

Personally I think you should have gone to Cutter, but it's too late now. :D

Good luck,

--SONET

Jon Shafer 06-21-2002 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SONET
Have some patience! It's Friday, which is always a slow day here (as are the weekends). If you don't get a reply today, you will probably get one by Monday if anyone here has dealt with them.

Personally I think you should have gone to Cutter, but it's too late now. :D

Good luck,

--SONET


:thumbup:

The guys who run South Bay are pretty cool. If you have any problems, just let me know, and I'll put you in touch with my friends there mzn2000...

mzn2000 06-21-2002 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Shafer



:thumbup:

The guys who run South Bay are pretty cool. If you have any problems, just let me know, and I'll put you in touch with my friends there mzn2000...

thanks jon. i'm on a super long waiting list there (m3 coupe) ... can you guys do any better at cutter? how long is the wait? do you know shafik @ south bay?

p.s. ~ sorry everybody about venting about lack of posts ... it's been a long day @ work ...

Jon Shafer 06-21-2002 06:43 PM

RE:
 
Wish that I could help, but our M3 list is waaaaaay tooooo lonnnnnngggg......

:(

The only friends that I have at South Bay are the managers Sam Gomez, and Alex Dawson.

Let me know if this shafik guy gives you any problems - we'll slap him around...

:D

scottn2retro 06-22-2002 05:32 AM

I've been there
 
My old 95 E36 M3 was a CPO from Vasek Polak. I think its pretty much the same people and I've always been treated pretty well there. A short time after I bought the car, the battery deveoped an open circuit, and even though it wasn't covered on the warranty they replaced it anyway. I sent a nice letter to BMW NA about that.


Have not dealt with Shafik.

mzn2000 06-22-2002 08:53 PM

Re: RE:
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Wish that I could help, but our M3 list is waaaaaay tooooo lonnnnnngggg......

:(

The only friends that I have at South Bay are the managers Sam Gomez, and Alex Dawson.

Let me know if this shafik guy gives you any problems - we'll slap him around...

:D

so far, shafik has been great ... i'll keep you all updated as things progress ... (but it's gonna be some time :cry: ...)

Under90 08-05-2005 11:26 AM

Sbbmw
 
The location at 190th and Hawthorne is brand spakin' new. I'm sure things have been shaken up a bit after the move. We're all guinea pigs at this point...

Robert A 08-05-2005 02:29 PM

Jerry Bendl and no one else. Tell him Robert Ades sent you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzn2000
i am buying an m3 from south bay bmw (previously vasek polak). i already have $1,000 down. i was wondering, has anybody ever had problems with this dealership? comments / suggestions requested! :)


scottn2retro 08-05-2005 02:56 PM

Monty, the General Sales Manager, is a BMW driving school instructor and a big support of the BMW Club out here. He is good about looking out for good deals for Car Club members. :thumbup:

And the new dealership site is a top notch facility.

SpeedFreak! 08-05-2005 03:41 PM

You guys do realize that this thread is over 3 years old... I'm sure he got his car by now... :eeps:

peakpro 08-07-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzn2000
i like how nobody freaking replies :banghead:


I know nothing about the dealership...

but isn't there a site that rates dealerships??

reytran 11-26-2012 12:48 AM

After a decade. A next generation boy came with the same question and find out this thread.

Chuck W. 11-26-2012 07:35 AM

His last post on Bimmerfest was on 6/22/02....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzn2000 (Post 94439)
so far, shafik has been great ... i'll keep you all updated as things progress ... (but it's gonna be some time :cry: ...)

I am waiting for that update! :)

Runon MD1 11-26-2012 09:55 PM

South Bay BMW
 
Uh...after about two and a half hours, your panties are in a bunch? Sheesh! Maybe it might take a while for those who have had contact with that dwalership to respond, is all I am saying.

Richard :yikes:

Orient330iNYC 11-26-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runon MD1 (Post 7216147)
Uh...after about two and a half hours, your panties are in a bunch? Sheesh! Maybe it might take a while for those who have had contact with that dwalership to respond, is all I am saying.

Richard :yikes:

thread is over a decade old
06-21-2002 03:46 PM
:rofl:

reytran 11-26-2012 10:08 PM

I live 2miles away from this thread. Been talking to couple of people from this dealer. They act professional. I don't know about sale department but I have a disaster experienced with the service department. I spent exactly 6 grants over 6 months after my 09' 650i out of factory warranty (It has PLATINUM CPO from BMW corporation + Maintenance program cover until 100,000 miles though).

ard 11-26-2012 11:31 PM

ESL?

They are just abusing you. I found your other threads. At 60k miles on a 3 year old car they 'tricked' you into replacing them all. Overcharged for everything.. Crazy

You cannot use yelp or other rating systems...you are a perfect victim and will bring out the worst in dealers.

reytran 11-26-2012 11:42 PM

Yes. I use yelp but please, is there any high rating dealership? None. I've checked all dealer around me, none of them rate more than 3/5. I saw one website from BMW North America, rating of SouthBay from there is really good. I don't think the problem is about ESL or anything. I realize it all because I have no knowledge about car at all and have a bad bargaining skill I believe haha. When they explain something to me, it makes sense. Then, I'l definitely say yes.

Orient330iNYC 11-27-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reytran (Post 7216160)
I live 2miles away from this thread. Been talking to couple of people from this dealer. They act professional. I don't know about sale department but I have a disaster experienced with the service department. I spent exactly 6 grants over 6 months after my 09' 650i out of factory warranty (It has PLATINUM CPO from BMW corporation + Maintenance program cover until 100,000 miles though).

i read your other threads, you're basically begging that dealer to rip you off. they must salivate when you walk through the door since it looks like you'll agree to anything they suggest no matter what the cost. at some point, you have to realize that your disaster with the service department is mostly of your doing, primarily because you keep agreeing to their unnecessary work and outrageous fees. they charged you 329 for a battery then 500+ for the labor to install it and you authorized them to do it!

reytran 11-27-2012 12:48 AM

They quoted me $875 without telling in detail. And yes, it was my biggest mistake that I didn't check out online the real cost for those things. In my country, the dealership doesn't go that insane and unreasonable. I thought that how the price should be in America.

Orient330iNYC 11-27-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reytran (Post 7216254)
They quoted me $875 without telling in detail. And yes, it was my biggest mistake that I didn't check out online the real cost for those things. In my country, the dealership doesn't go that insane and unreasonable. I thought that how the price should be in America.

word of advice, in your case, assume they are ripping you off. you say they quoted you 875 without telling you in detail-- YET YOU AGREED. ask the helpful people on the 6 series board to sanity check any suggestions they make BEFORE you agree to them. a few hours of fact checking will not cause the world to end.

its mind blowing that you have spent 6K in 6 months maintaining a car that is covered by both CPO and extended maintenance.

reytran 11-27-2012 01:42 AM

Thanks for your advise. That's what I've learnt after all. Haven't been there for about 2 months, feel better now.

P.S: I'm still waiting for mzn2000 for his update about his buying experience at SouthBay BMW. Haha


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms