Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Here's my new 330xi (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85470)

Curious Joel 01-24-2005 06:22 PM

Here's my new 330xi

2 Attachment(s)
2003 330xi, Titanium Silver, black leather, 5speed, cold weather and premium packages

Lanc3r 01-24-2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious Joel
2003 330xi, Titanium Silver, black leather, 5speed, cold weather and premium packages

Wellll, how do you like it?

330ciPfmcePkg05 01-24-2005 06:44 PM

hey joel...whyd u go from a 02' 4.4 for a 330xi?

Curious Joel 01-24-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterlance
Wellll, how do you like it?

I love it... It's great. It's a very different driving experience from the X5. It's nimble and its very fun! The 5-speed takes some getting used to... The only other vehicle with a manual transmission that I've driven is my 1989 Wrangler, and that's so beat up you can practically shift without the clutch. But I'll get used to it...

Curious Joel 01-24-2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330ciPfmcePkg05
hey joel...whyd u go from a 02' 4.4 for a 330xi?

I was having issues with people trying to carjack me, believe it or not... Even though I live in NH, which is supposedly the safest state in the nation. We talked to the police, and they said that it was the fact that I was a young kid driving a big, expensive car. They suggested we sell it, so my parents did. They bought me a 330xi... Still noticeable, but around here they're a dime a dozen, so we're hoping I'll blend in more, and still be able to have fun driving.

TD 01-24-2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

I was having issues with people trying to carjack me, believe it or not... Even though I live in NH, which is supposedly the safest state in the nation. We talked to the police, and they said that it was the fact that I was a young kid driving a big, expensive car. They suggested we sell it, so my parents did. They bought me a 330xi... Still noticeable, but around here they're a dime a dozen, so we're hoping I'll blend in more, and still be able to have fun driving.

:rofl:

Artslinger 01-25-2005 09:14 AM

Aaaahhhh... okay. :eek:

Spiderm0n 01-25-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

how many times did this happen? was it happening in your high school parking lot? BTW, you are still a young kid in an expensive car. if I was seriously getting carjack attempts regularly I would go with a badge that didn't draw as much attention. Either your parents just don't get it, or the badge is more important than your safety.

j2 01-25-2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

:bs:

Curious Joel 01-25-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderm0n
how many times did this happen? was it happening in your high school parking lot? BTW, you are still a young kid in an expensive car. if I was seriously getting carjack attempts regularly I would go with a badge that didn't draw as much attention. Either your parents just don't get it, or the badge is more important than your safety.

4 times total... It was happening either on the Interstate or downtown. My parents wanted to get me something way less conspicuous, like a Chevy, but I still wanted a BMW. We compromised on a small BMW.

Spiderm0n 01-25-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

4 times total... It was happening either on the Interstate or downtown. My parents wanted to get me something way less conspicuous, like a Chevy, but I still wanted a BMW. We compromised on a small BMW.

4 attempted carjackings in New Hampshire!?!?! Honestly, I don't think you will be any less conspicuous in a 330xi than you were in an X3. You need a bodyguard.