Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   HELP please (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86577)

Tommymo325i 02-03-2005 11:34 PM

HELP please

Hey everyone, i just bought a 2001 325i, its getting shipped from california to north carolina... but i have a question... Mine comes with the factory CD player...but from the looks of it i cant put a in dash CD player in there...i really wanted to put a SCreen in mine...Does anyone know what i can do? or if it is possible...thank you
Tommy

operknockity 02-03-2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommymo325i
Hey everyone, i just bought a 2001 325i, its getting shipped from california to north carolina... but i have a question... Mine comes with the factory CD player...but from the looks of it i cant put a in dash CD player in there...i really wanted to put a SCreen in mine...Does anyone know what i can do? or if it is possible...thank you
Tommy

I don't even understand the question... If it already has the factor CD player then it already has an in-dash CD player. Or do you mean it's coming with the factory CD CHANGER? And when you say "screen" do you mean you want Nav?

Tommymo325i 02-03-2005 11:54 PM

I want a Motorized Screen, the kind that looks the a CD player but when you hit a button the screen comes out to play DVD's. Is that possible?

operknockity 02-04-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

I want a Motorized Screen, the kind that looks the a CD player but when you hit a button the screen comes out to play DVD's. Is that possible?

Ah! Well, anything is possible depending on how much money you wanna spend.

Since I have no need/desire for such a system, I have never looked in to how one would go about getting an after-market system like that installed. I recommend you look through the Audio and In Car Electronics forum as that is a more likely place for this to have been discussed.

hecklerz 02-04-2005 12:28 AM

Quote:

Though I don't have experience doing this with my E46 (have 16:9 OEM NAV screen), I used Crutchfield (Crutchfield )for a head unit for my old SUV. If you go to the web site, click on the "What fits my car" link on the left and follow the instructions on finding your make and model, then click the link for DVD. I just did this for your car and there a a few options with the pop out screen. It is also worth it to call in and talk to someone in their sales dept. before ordering. They can be very helpful. I'm sure if you did a search on this here at bimmerfest or e46fanatics you'd get some other good information and probably some other places to buy from. Also look at BMW Soundwerks (Ihave not purchased from them, but they could be helpful)

Another option would be to try to get an OEM NAV system, I'm pretty sure you can get one after market and it will integrate with your dash better (less eye candy and features though). Ask a dealer or try BMW NAV Upgrade . Again, I have no experience installing this, but just did a little searching. Good Luck!! :)