Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 M3 (2001-2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   ZCP questions (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95966)

528i 04-27-2005 01:50 AM

ZCP questions

I talked to the dealer tonight about a Club Sport M3, and I wanted to verify some things beforehand.

He told me that a standard M3 steering wheel can be mounted instead of the ZCP wheel, returning audio controls and cruise to the car.

He also one can order a sunroof and power seats with the package. (Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the Club Sport pkg? :dunno: )

Finally, can one be ordered with titan shadow trim rather than the ZCP Aluminum? I think I want cinnamon leather, and perhaps the darker trim would match a bit better.

Thanks in advance, everyone

Mods: If this needs to be moved to Ask a Dealer, please do..
I apologize in advance for any reposts. :D

Pinecone 04-27-2005 03:23 AM

Don't know about the wheel, but I would want that is writing with penalties if they are wrong (if that stuff is important to you).

Yes, you can order everything on a ZCP making it much heavier. Since the ZCP does really add lightness like the CSL and LTW did, it isn't that big a deal, but somewhat of an oxymoron.

Can't tell you about the trims.

bren 04-27-2005 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 528i
He told me that a standard M3 steering wheel can be mounted instead of the ZCP wheel, returning audio controls and cruise to the car.

If this were the case then how would you activate M-DSC ?

Quote:

He also one can order a sunroof and power seats with the package. (Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the Club Sport pkg? :dunno: )
:eeps: :angel:

BahnBaum 04-27-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren
If this were the case then how would you activate M-DSC ?

:eeps: :angel:

http://bjracing.com/lever%20adj%20cl.JPG

Alex

TD330ci 04-27-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

I posted this before as I have an M wheel from my old 330. Never got a real response. I would think the wiring would still be present, but I am going to ask a tech at the dealership this weekend.

If you find out before hand please post back here. Thanks. :thumbup:

Quote:

Finally, can one be ordered with titan shadow trim rather than the ZCP Aluminum? I think I want cinnamon leather, and perhaps the darker trim would match a bit better.

I also agree on this. I tried to get this done on my order but was unsuccessful. Only the ZCP trim is available on the comp pkg. :(

After market switch unfortunatly.

TD330ci 04-27-2005 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahnBaum

LOL. Can I get that in tit shawdow? :p

BahnBaum 04-27-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD330ci
tit shadow

That would be one way to judge big ones, I 'spose.

Alex

TD330ci 04-27-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahnBaum
That would be one way to judge big ones, I 'spose.

Alex

:mad: :tsk: :p

Pinecone 04-27-2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD330ci
I posted this before as I have an M wheel from my old 330. Never got a real response. I would think the wiring would still be present, but I am going to ask a tech at the dealership this weekend.

If you find out before hand please post back here. Thanks. :thumbup:

There is only one set of wires, BMW uses a bus system to tranmit button presses to the appropriate parts. But the other end has to read and act on the bus signals. Not sure what is different in the cars.

But salesmen will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy the car. They figure that once it comes in, you won't be able to say no. Get it in writing, preferably from BMW NA.

TD330ci 04-27-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinecone
There is only one set of wires, BMW uses a bus system to tranmit button presses to the appropriate parts. But the other end has to read and act on the bus signals. Not sure what is different in the cars.

But salesmen will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy the car. They figure that once it comes in, you won't be able to say no. Get it in writing, preferably from BMW NA.

Thanks for the reply. I know the head tech at the local dealer. Hopefully HE would not bs me since he is not a sales rep. :)

budmanm3 04-27-2005 03:14 PM

I think he is Bsing you.. Everyone I spoke to said it wasn't possible.

TD330ci 04-27-2005 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budman2003
I think he is Bsing you.. Everyone I spoke to said it wasn't possible.

Haha thanks but I have not even spoke with him yet. :rofl:

Not till this weekend. He has been pretty up front with me in the past. I don't know what his answer will be.

Pinecone 04-28-2005 02:57 PM

The reality is, he doesn't really know. BMW NA MIGHT know, BMA AG probably does know.