Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Canadian Info Brochure from BMW ... misprint? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99893)

bbb90104 06-01-2005 09:46 AM

Canadian Info Brochure from BMW ... misprint?

Okay ... I just got a BMW brochure in the mail the other day, and flipping through it ... it seems to have a few details that are inconsitent with other information that I've seen on the web.

Namely ...
325 ... the brochure says its a 2.5L inline 6, not a 3.0 litre??
there's a 320 with a 4-cyl. coming (can't remember if it was turbo or not)?
It also mentions a disel version (can't remember the displacement)... I didn't think disels were coming to North America?

This was from memory ... but I'll try to post the specifics later on.

Anyone know if all this is just misprint info, or how accurate it is?

Thanks.

PS:Flipping quickly through the brochure, it basically describes a bunch of cities (mostly in North America) that was used for ??(testing I assume), but did give some specifics on the model. Again ... I"ll post more later (I only have a hardcopy, so I won't be able to post a link or anything).

PPS: I'm not sure if I was sent the wrong brochure or anything ... the brochure listed both US/UK values for price/hp/torque/...

batmanwagon 06-01-2005 10:12 AM

Is it possible that Canada is actually getting the 2.5l instead of the 3.0l for the 325i and that you are getting the 320d?

ed325i 06-01-2005 11:01 AM

It's probably a misprint. The 325i is described as having 3.0L engine in the BMW.ca site.

Ed

GAS 06-02-2005 07:12 PM

Maybe Canada is same as Australia. Just released E90s are:

320i 2 litre 4 cyl petrol
325i 2.5 litre 6 cyl petrol
330i 3.0 litre 6 cyl petrol

bmw325driver 06-03-2005 11:41 AM

Speaking of the 320i/320d... does anyone know when the E90 320i's are supposed to be coming out to Canada? I'm looking at something new for my parents to replace the E36 318is they're driving. They aren't in any rush (it's more me who wants another new bimmer in the family) so they wouldn't be interested until they could actually drive one. But I was wondering when we could expect them in showrooms?

Thanks for any info!

Chris

Robert A 06-03-2005 11:48 AM

You mistakenly received the English language international brochure for UK cars. Look at the back and see if it doesn't reference BMW UK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbb90104
Okay ... I just got a BMW brochure in the mail the other day, and flipping through it ... it seems to have a few details that are inconsitent with other information that I've seen on the web.

Namely ...
325 ... the brochure says its a 2.5L inline 6, not a 3.0 litre??
there's a 320 with a 4-cyl. coming (can't remember if it was turbo or not)?
It also mentions a disel version (can't remember the displacement)... I didn't think disels were coming to North America?

This was from memory ... but I'll try to post the specifics later on.

Anyone know if all this is just misprint info, or how accurate it is?

Thanks.

PS:Flipping quickly through the brochure, it basically describes a bunch of cities (mostly in North America) that was used for ??(testing I assume), but did give some specifics on the model. Again ... I"ll post more later (I only have a hardcopy, so I won't be able to post a link or anything).

PPS: I'm not sure if I was sent the wrong brochure or anything ... the brochure listed both US/UK values for price/hp/torque/...