View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
E46 Replacement Battery Info Here

I have seen this mentoned in older threads, but a quick search for "new battery" and "replacement battery" did not identify the thread... so thought I would post a new thread with a clear title for others.

Last weekend the battery on my 2003 330i (two years since delivery) started slow cranking, so I decided to replace the battery. I remembered reading in a forum somewhere that Autozone Duralast 49-DL was a direct replacement.

Cruised down to the local Autozone and purchased 49-DL for $64.99 (the sales dude will tell you it is not in his computer and won't fit... but ignore him).

The install was simple and it fits perfectly. The battery even includes the rubber vent tube. You will need to trim about a quarter inch from the battery side of the rubber tube to get clearance for the hold-down bracket. Works great.

Hope this helps some fellow Bimmerfester's looking for a new battery.

P.S. Before someone asks.... I know the car warranty would have replaced the battery, but for $64.99 I did not want to take the day from work to mess with the dealer. Plus this is a higher CCA battery then OEM.
Ads by Google