Thread: Oil Change
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
I have a similar question on the same topic... my 330cic is almost a year old (January 22), and I have scheduled an annual service with my dealer. I drive very few miles on my car, it just turned 3800 miles yesterday (75F outside and crystal clear over the weekend ).

The "miles to service" indicator when I start still says over 10,000 miles to go... but I have no intention of waiting over two more years to get the oil changed! I know that BMW allows servicing at annual intervals instead of the mileage interval, which is why I scheduled the appointment. But I have heard some discussion on the boards before about an "oil change" vs. an "oil service." What is the difference? What will they do on my car after 1 year but low mileage? Can I request one over the other? Should I?

Thanks!

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)