View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 3x330,AMV8,996GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason330i
i vote zhp
Me too. And that's only a little bias...

The 3 series facelift, performance pack (from a visual standpoint, eg body kit) and the accompanying wheels make the 3 series look sharp. The pre face lift looks very dated from the way the lights are "slicing" instead of curving in the front. I also never liked the way BMW standard fronts look busy. That's why the BMW body kits with their air dams look so nice and right on the BMW.

I prefer the creases in the side of the current e46 over the e90, but the latter does look OK. Replace the mirrors of the e46 and it'll look great, but for some reason the rectangular mirrors looks alright from an aerial point of view. Plus, the rectangular mirrors will no doubt yield a more useful surface area and make them more functional.

Something about the e90s dimensions annoy me. I think the stubby rear and the long hood in a long profile makes the e90 look badly proportioned. The wheel base is really long, which I'm sure is good for stability but probably not as great for maneuveurability, but that can be said for each generation of 3 series.