View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Lap Dog

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 M Coupe, '01 325i
OK, some explanation is in order. I was really hoping to stay out of this but I feel that at this point, it would be unfair to TMS if I did not straighten some facts out.

The car used for the pictures in the installation instructions is my '01 325i, which sees 7-8 track days and 8-9 autocross events a year. The car has not had a rear subframe failure (yet), so the first picture on the instructions showing the torn sheetmetal is someone else's. I was contacted by TMS to see if I'd be interested in having the rear subframe reinforcement kit installed in my car and that it would be free of charge. They would use the install to test the process before it was officially posted on the website and would also take pictures for the installation instructions. I agreed and when I stopped by to pick up the car at TMS, I found out that we had a misunderstanding about the financial arrangement. We decided to think it over the weekend. The issue was resolved on Monday morning when TMS agreed that the kit and install would be free of charge to me and even picked up the cost of replacing a broken front swaybar link, which they had uncovered.

It was never my intent to discuss this on internet boards as TMS picked up the tab in full on Monday morning and the issue was financially resolved at that point. There are no hard feelings. I have had my car worked on a few occasions at TMS in the past and have always had a positive experience. If anyone in the Boston area is interested in taking a look at the work that was done on my car, PM me and I'd be glad to show it to you.

And last, I think it is important to know that today Will Turner personally addressed the issue in an e-mail to me. I believe his e-mail proves that it is truly important to TMS and him personally that every TMS customer leaves their shop happy. I will take the liberty of posting parts of his e-mail below:

.................................................. .................................
I have been following the situation with your recent experience with
TMS. First let me assure you that our intentions (TMS's, Mine, and
Kevin's) were not to take advantage of you in any way. When Kevin and I
discussed calling a local customer to offer them the rear subframe kit
install it was always our intention to give the parts for free and give
labor at the best rate we could.

I understand now by your email , and by speaking to Kevin, that you
were under the impression that the whole job would be free of charge.
Since this was a misunderstanding and since I was not involved in any of
the discussion - I have no problem covering the labor on the job. We
will learn from this for next time and make it clearer to our customers
of our intentions. No problem. I appreciate you letting us use your car
for our photographs etc - losing our server really set us back.

I will void this whole invoice, you owe us nothing, no hard feelings
for the misunderstandings.

Thank You

-Will Turner

'01 325i: Orient Blue/black, SP, M stress bar, UUC sways, TMS camber plates, TMS rear sub reinf kit, CAI, Shark, Borla, Dunlop Direzza 245/40/17 on 17x8 O.Z. Superleggeras

HPDE instructor, Boston Chapter Autocross Co-chair, Boston Bimmer columnist www.boston-bmwcca.org/bimmer/online.aspx

My performance driving site: www.OneHotLap.com

Last edited by brave1heart; 01-19-2005 at 09:29 PM.