View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV330i
I refill my gas tank at about 270 miles with 1 gallon left. The overall gas mileage for my car since new (10,000 miles) is 18.5 miles per gallon. This has been mostly city driving. In my out of town trips of pure freeway driving I have been able to get about 360 miles out of a tank. Your mileage will increase as the engine becomes less tight with additional mileage.

You must have had a "special" 325. My 318ti with the A/C on gave me 21 MPG for the same kind of normal driving as my 330i.
I'm surprised that a ZHP gets that much worse mileage than a standard 330. On long highway trips with around 75 mph average, I see over 30mpg on the OBC, with results backed up by manual calculations; range indicated upwards of 450 miles. Even in Europe with a green engine, I averaged 25.5 mpg with a mix of city driving and very high speed Autobahn/Autoroute driving.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................