View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 09:32 AM
BMW believer

Mein Auto: 2004 330iZHP/2001 Audi S4
I've noticed a great variation city versus highway driving in both the 330 (ZHP) and the S4. 330 is noticibly better on gas then the S4 in both situatuions but more noticible in city/mixed driving. In purely city type driving where I am pretty much trying to make good time (always) I get about 14-16 MPG in the S4 where I'm more like 18-20 in the 330. There are times when I accelerate hard in the S4 to cross a very busy street and such where I look down and it seems that the gas gauge is dropping before my eyes! On the highway I haven't calculated my mileage in the 330 but I get noticibly more per tank - well over 300 miles I'm sure of that...and the S4 makes a dramatic improvement as well - even when there are 4 of us in the car - full of luggage and where I'm cruising 80-110 mph as we did returning from the Poconos just before New Years (less then 4 hrs door to door...Strasborg PA to N VA [near Dulles airport]). Got about 26 MPG - which I'm quite happy with. The 330 seems noticibly stingier in all occasions. Unlike the predictions though - I'm finding my mileage is not as good now (6600 miles on the odo) then it was initially....perhaps I'm pushing it harder 9again - always....!)...don't know...

2004 330i Sedan - ZHP - Imola Red - alcantara, xenons, cold w/hole in roof, silver cube
2001 Audi S4 Avant - Nogaro Blue, St3, AWE ex/dp, Stptch brks, KW coilvrs, h-sport sways, EVO CAI, B & M ss, Clmster st3 LtwtFW - etc
1964 1/2 Mustang Conv - 289 4 bar V8 - Vintage Burgundy - unrestored/near mint - 53K miles
[B][SIZE=2]