View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
According the the link posted above from x5world.net, only the blinking light is available on the e46 as a non-alarm option... so I don't know what to tell ya. I had the alarm put in so I never investigated. I was under the impression, though, that the audible chirp (actually more like a beep or chime) was made by an actual component of the alarm system itself, e.g. the siren or other hardware.

As for the LED headlight indicator, it is definitely supposed to be lit whenever your HID's are burning. I keep an eye on it a lot when I'm out, as my lights are on "auto" and I like to know when my HID's are flicking on/off. It happens a lot even on bright days, as the light sensing seems very sensitive on this car. Every overpass I emerge from I like to know how long it takes for the lights to turn back off again.

If that little green LED is not lighting at all I would have it checked.

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)

Last edited by JonathanIT; 01-26-2005 at 03:52 PM.