View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: 04 325ci
What is CDV removal?

What is CDV removal and how does the clutch stop help? I'm also looking at 3 series manuals as I've always driven manuals but am considering automatics also because of the rough shifting with these cars.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyzhp
I picked up the car Saturday from the BMW Store in Cincinnati. I had some snow tires/wheels shipped directly to them (17" Blizzak LM25's on Fox 6's) and they were nice enough to install them on the car so I wouldn't have to wait. Adam Metz was my salesman and he was great. While we were filling out the paperwork for the financing, he loaded our luggage and the stock 18's in the car for us.

Anyway, I'm just a tad dissappointed because the wife was getting a little car sick driving back (she said it is just way too stiff, no comments from the peanut gallery please ) Once we got onto smoother roads it helped. I'm also blaming it partly on my choppy shifting with the CDV. I'm getting used to it. I've only been driving VW's since forever. Almost 400 miles on it already, so I'm driving it any chance I get. I love the car more each time I drive it.

Mod's maybe: clear bra (need to find a place in Indy), tinting (to keep the sun out of my daughters eyes), CDV removal? Trade out my 135's for some M3 18's (not to make the car look like an M3, but because I love the look of those wheels) I need to keep it light though, My wife still doesn't understand spending Xthousand dollars on a car and still needing to buy another set of wheels.

Better get back to work (since I've used up so much company time to research the purchase