Thread: HELP please
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to hecklerz
Mein Auto: '07 E90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymo325i
I want a Motorized Screen, the kind that looks the a CD player but when you hit a button the screen comes out to play DVD's. Is that possible?
Though I don't have experience doing this with my E46 (have 16:9 OEM NAV screen), I used Crutchfield (Crutchfield )for a head unit for my old SUV. If you go to the web site, click on the "What fits my car" link on the left and follow the instructions on finding your make and model, then click the link for DVD. I just did this for your car and there a a few options with the pop out screen. It is also worth it to call in and talk to someone in their sales dept. before ordering. They can be very helpful. I'm sure if you did a search on this here at bimmerfest or e46fanatics you'd get some other good information and probably some other places to buy from. Also look at BMW Soundwerks (Ihave not purchased from them, but they could be helpful)

Another option would be to try to get an OEM NAV system, I'm pretty sure you can get one after market and it will integrate with your dash better (less eye candy and features though). Ask a dealer or try BMW NAV Upgrade . Again, I have no experience installing this, but just did a little searching. Good Luck!!

**Looking for an E39 540, 530 or X5

----------

Retired:

*2006 E90 325i- Ti-Silver Metallic, Black leather, Heated seats 6Sp Step. , ZPP, ZSP, NAV, Adapt.-Xenon, BT to iPhone

*2004 E46 325i- Silver Grey Metallic, Black Leather- heated, 6sp Step. , ZSP, ZPP, Xenon, Nav- V.26, BT to Blackberry