View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 01:41 AM

Mein Auto: E90 330i, X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clevenger
I don't like either bass or treble to dominate the music (unless the original music was recorded that way). I don't want to have it so loud that it entertains (or annoys) people a block away...
I want my music to sound as close to the original performance as I can, excepting for volume -- the Grateful Dead's "wall of sound" would just be TOO loud in a car -- and I happen to run the HK system in my 325xiT dead flat -- everything at centre --- and it sounds just fine to me. It might not to you, but as Bob Dylan once said: "You are right from your side and I am right from mine..."
This topic of "good vs bad" system has been discussed many times in the past. If you really pay attention to each thread that people said, you'll find that most people who appreciate or have knowledge on accurate audio reproduction will find the HK system at least acceptable, or decent. Their interpretation of "good or bad" is how FAITHFUL the source is being reproduced. Those who constantly complain about the HK system are the ones who are more concerned about what they like. Their interpretation of "good or bad" is how much they LIKE the sound of the system. Based on two different sets of definition, agreement will never be reached.

Ask yourself if you put a poor sounding CD in the system, you PREFER it to sound bad or good? If your answer is "bad", then you are in the first group. If your answer is "good", then you are in the second group.