View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 550i
New 330cic - where's the love?

My first taste of a BMW was my parents 1992 525i. Nice car. So, a few years later I ditched my Mits Eclipse for a 1995 BMW 325is, black 5 speed, sport pkg, with grey interior. It was awesome. I got rid of it only because I was given a company car, a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. Free car, so you keep it for a while, then changed jobs.

In 2002 I leased an Audi A4 Quattro because it was all wheel drive (live on very hilly roads). Everytime someone asked me about it, I said it's okay, but it's not like my old BMW.

Lease was nearing it's end so the shopping began. I was not excited, nothing interested me except fond memories of my BMW which was not practical being rear wheel drive. So, I starting looking for a SUV because of my hilly roads. First stop, the BMW dealership, drove an X5, took an X3 home for the night. But, there it was, a black 330 vert on a sunny Oct day. The salesman said "don't do it", but I did drive the convertible. There is a point when emotion takes over practicality. It did.

The sunny day went away and I was disappointed, why? I just couldn't get comfortable in the seat, or the steering wheel. I thought, 'obviously this was a 6'+ man's car', the seat belt choked me, I couldn't get the steering wheel close enough to me. Why did I love my 325 so much, and this wasn't the same?

I have come to think maybe the reasons are: this one is an auto, the '95 was manual. This one has the premium package, the '95 had sport seats.

For 10 years I remembered the BMW as my dream car, and to have a convertible would be the pinnacle of it all. So where's the love?

Last edited by bjsbuds; 02-27-2005 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling error
Advertisement