View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330CiC
I have the 2004 330i convertible with steptronic and wouldn't trade it for the manual. I also have the SP, PP and 18" wheels so my ride experience may vary fom yours. The manual is a preference to the enthusiasts, but I can't be bothered with all the shifting onthe regular roads. If I want better, tighter control I use the steptronic with the right gear...the shifting delay would only really come inplay if you wanted instant gratification. Preference: Automatic: 95% of the time, Manual: 5%. The trade off works for me, but to each their own.

I'm 5' 9" and my seats adjust any way I want and get as close as i want.

The other factor about being choked byt he seat belt. Hit the power headrest button and the seat belt adjusts with it. You should be fine with some mior tweaks that don't compromise the appropriate safety position.

One last note: if you buy a convertible, you have to get the heated seats and the wind deflector (non-BMW stenciled, please). I can drive mine when it's 40 out with hardly any heat on and not feel chilly, with a long sleeve shirt on. The air deflector let's you use your car w/top down so much. I used to hate looking at them in other cars...until I used it.