View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: unimobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitpicker
Thanks for the replies, guys. I talked to my dealer, and he concurs with you on the noisy cold startup. He gets asked that a lot. And, my fuel was at about 1/4 tank. Filling it up did quiet down the pump noise. And I haven't heard the transmission clink now for a couple of days. I did kind of " wring it out " on a country road Sunday, so maybe that did the car some good. It had been sitting on the dealer's lot for a couple of weeks, so I think things just needed loosening up a bit. Man, these things are fun to drive!! I find myself driving without the stereo on just to listen to that sweet engine. I traded in a Maxima, and I was worried about stepping down about 40 horsepower. But this 325 has plenty of torque and zip. I believe it is a quicker car. I don't think I'll be happy now with anything else but a BMW.
Congrats on the new car !!

You already know this but be regular on oil level checking, I dont rely on dummy lights etc etc... One other quick note sometimes a "normal" slight tick sound is just fuel injection doing its thing & not lifters whatsoever, this is the case on my pick-up...its very quiet and smooth idle, so I can actually hear the subtle injectors working.