View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Lap Dog

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 M Coupe, '01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG
Oil changes are just the start.
Don't forget regular coolant, diff, tranny, brake fluid, and air filter changes. Toss in spark plugs and possibly fuel filter and o2 sensors as you get closer to 100k.
At some point you're going to have to change your thermostat, water pump, radiator hoses, and possibly radiator too. Some people choose to perform cooling system work preemptively.

That really should be the bulk of it.
Good point! Oil every 7-8 K miles, diff & tranny with Red Line every 30K, brake fluid at least once a year depending on your driving, spark plugs every 60K. I replaced my fuel filter at 70K but it looked good and in retrospect 100K should have been fine. Coolant every 3-4 years and maybe a new radiator ~ 120K miles or earlier if you are doing track driving and want to be on the safe side.

'01 325i: Orient Blue/black, SP, M stress bar, UUC sways, TMS camber plates, TMS rear sub reinf kit, CAI, Shark, Borla, Dunlop Direzza 245/40/17 on 17x8 O.Z. Superleggeras

HPDE instructor, Boston Chapter Autocross Co-chair, Boston Bimmer columnist www.boston-bmwcca.org/bimmer/online.aspx

My performance driving site: www.OneHotLap.com