View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i Performance Package
I personally don't like the BMW Nav system. The user interface is terrible. If you have time to sit & program the address, it is fine. Enter the City, Street and House Number. Easy & straightforward. It will guide you there with no problems.

HOWEVER, if you are trying to find a restaurant or gas station or some other location, it is very hard & not very intuitive. The logic doesn't seem to make sense. The user interface in the Acura is VERY INTUITIVE! When I went on a test drive, it took all of 20 seconds to figure out the Nav system. Not only that, it has a very good voice recognition system. Very useful & safe.

The Nav system on the BMW is distracting & frustrating to use since it takes quite a bit of doing to get the information that you want. Example: You're on the freeway stuck in traffic and you're trying to find an alternate route to get to a restaurant that you only know one way to get to. But, you don't know the address. You have quite a few menus to find the city/location and then the actual restaurants. The screen is too low to be of any real use in traffic.

Just my 2 cents. (Please adjust for inflation).

Johnny