View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 09:23 AM
racer wannabe

Mein Auto: '12 X5,'08 535i, '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaj
I just bought my first BMW, 330i with HSP and HPP and I'm surprised how much dust gets on the wheels. I even asked my dealer about this and they told me it's normal. What do you recommend to use for cleaning the dust? I've been using Simple Green, but is there anything else anyone uses?
Simple Green?! Would you spray Simple Green on your paint? Well, the wheel is finished the same way with clearcoat on top of color coat. Simple Green will dull and discolor your wheels with time. It's hard to notice that but compare them with your spare and you'll see how dull and yellow they got.

I agree that with moderately dirty wheels it's best to just use car shampoo but if they get really dirty use dedicated wheel cleaner. I like Eagle One's A2Z, BMW wheel cleaner and Meguiar's Hot Rims.

I don't feel like polishing my wheels so from time to time I just use Klasse All-In-One but NuFinish is also a good alternative for wheels.

All German pads will leave black dust, I think that TUV mandates the use of certain materials in pads. I got a set of Axxis Deluxe Plus pads and don't think about brake dust anymore.