View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylo
Alternatively, instead of (or in addition to) brake pads, try Klass AIO & SG. Does take a little work, though. See the detailing forum here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63945
I have a similar solution, but much less work! Yeah, I also had heard that regular wax was a no-no on wheels. I just use an OTC polymer/wash one-step spray (made for standard auto paint finishes, but I only use it on the wheels). After washing the car I just spray it on the wheels and dry. The real secret, however, is wiping them down often with this: Adam's Detail Spray. It's a super easy wipe-off-the-dust job, and it leaves the wheels slippery and smooth so nothing ever sticks. After more than eight months since my last wash, my wheels are still slick and spotless.

Also it's the best I've found for an all around detail spray, it's awesome stuff. And it smells like cotton candy.

But, I would still be interested in brake pads that give off less dust. Maybe I will investigate the brands mentioned.

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)