View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 330i
- A precise and positive shifter adds to the driving experience; a rubbery shifter detracts from it.

- A progressive clutch w/ clear engagement point adds to the driving experience; a vague clutch detracts from it.

As good and comprehensive as the review is, if you agree with the above two statements, you probably would not agree with the author's conclusion.

He specifically stated...
Quote:
But I do not derive any particular sense of pleasure from pushing a clutch pedal, and I'm not sure ANY purist really does either. A clutch pedal is simply an interface between the driver and the system. I also don't find the act of pulling or pushing a lever through 8 inches of travel particularly fulfilling either. ...
I disagree, and I'm sure there are many others who are with me. Even when I test the shifter in a stationary car inside a showroom, a good shifter makes me think "this feels good." According to his opinion I should seek psychotherapy.

I believe this guy is more of a track purist, which I can't afford to be both time and money-wise.